Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 05:15 PM

I think I may have bought out of panic. I am new to cruises. I purchased a Mexican Rivera Cruise on the Radiance of the Sea for my Sister, BIL and niece for their 25th anniversary. Last week I found myself reading about cruises and checking prices and they were so reasonable. Yesterday I went on to book and the price went up quite a bit so I panic and bought today in fear they would go up again.

I purchased a D1 cabin on Deck 9 Number 9586. I do not know if this is good or not. I know last weeks price was about $1,000+ lower...do they usually go down? Did I pick a good room? This will be a new experience for them as well and we went back and forth between 7 days and 10 days, booked the 10 days but the delay in decision cost me a lot. Should I have waited and tried another cruise. I wanted them to have a balcony. They also said there was a cabin on Deck 7, number 7094. Can anyone give me an advice on which of the cabins would be the best size, balcony etc. To be honest I do not know what to ask. Thank you in advance
Old 11-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

When is this cruise? Did you use an agent who specializes in cruises, or did you do it on your own either on-line, or with a large 1-800 type travel seller, or with Royal Caribbean? We need more specific details before anyone can help you.

Cruise prices vary, sometimes daily. They use yield management programs just like airlines. Royal Caribbean recently unveiled a price guarantee program which means if the price for your cabin category drops in the future you might get the new price. But there are many caveats.

But as I said, tell us when the cruise starts and how you booked it.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:54 PM

Thank you Dave,

The Cruise is for 10 days and begins on April 2 out of San Diego and has five stops then returns to San Diego on April 12.

I call Royal Caribbean and book with the person who answered. I did not use a TA...did not even think of that...Oh man what am I into...lol
Old 11-21-2009, 09:03 PM

Hello Akebonofan, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Cabin 9586 is in a perfect location in my opinion. It's on the bump-out - which is the part on the ship that's cantilevered out. Cabin 7094 is a E-1 - which is about 23 sq. ft. smaller than a D-1 cabin. A D-1 cabin is the best you can book before getting into a Junior Suite. You always pay more money for a D-1. You couldn't have chosen a better cabin. GOOD JOB!

I was on the Radiance in October. We did two back to back 5 night cruises. With the 10 night cruise they'll be going to 5 ports--I only had two on the 5 night cruises. It was my first Mexican Riviera Cruise. I'm not new to cruising, it was my 52nd cruise with Royal Caribbean. Saying that, I found the food on the Radiance the best of all. Did I enjoy the Mexican Riviera? Well, I'm doing back to back 7 night cruises in January. This time I'll get to visit more ports.

As far as price goes...keep watching the price for the cruise you booked. If it goes down, just call Royal Caribbean and they'll make an adjustment. It doesn't matter who you talk to - you just need your booking number.

Sonny
Old 11-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Akebonofan,

Read the information provided at the Royal Caribbean price guarantee, which is located HERE

If you didn't get trip interruption/cancellation insurance, I urge you to do so. Private policies are usually cheaper and offer more coverage than those sold by the cruise line. Once you get within so many days of the cruise, if you cancel you start losing money. Look HERE for the penalty periods.

Akebono....do you mean the brakes or the sumo wrestler?
Old 11-22-2009, 08:58 AM

Thank you Dave and Sonny,

I am very new to this and just not sure I am doing everything right and want them to have just a great time. I am glad the room is a good one, that was important to me. I had the choice of all the cabins on the hump do i picked the middle thinking that may be perfect.

I did not get insurance but will look into it now.

Now as far as the price reduction, if it happens is it only on the Royal Caribbean website or any site such as expedia.com or other sites. Believe me I will check everyday. but not sure if it is just what is posted on their site.

Dave Akebono is for the sumo wrestler...lol...I have an english bulldog named after him. Love English bulldogs and sumo wrestling.

Thank you again, any other info would be appreciated and i will be reading this site for the next few months...
Old 11-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Administrator

It has to be a lower rate offered by Royal Caribbean. If you see a lower rate on some other website such as expedia, it might be for group booking space they have arranged and only they can offer. In that case the lower price will not apply to your booking. What I'd do is note any lower prices you see, then check the RCI price. If they match then call them.

Yokozuna Akebono. ESPN used to show sumo matches but I have not seen any for a while. I liked to watch them.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, forum, hump, radiance, room, sea, seas