Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 12:51 PM

We are both water drinkers and are wondering if we have to pay for a bottle of water every time. I know about the soda package but we dont drink soda. So is water free or will we have to pay? Should we bring a case of water?

Also for the excursion days will there be water we can take off the boat or should we bring bottles from home?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

Bottled water is not included in your cruise fare. It is a bar item. Actually Royal Caribbean now offers a water package. It is not especially cheap, although it is cheaper than if you bought the equivalent by the bottle. This is for 750 ml Evian sports bottles. The water packages available for purchase:

8 bottles - $28.45
12 bottles - $40.30
16 bottles - $50.55
24 bottles - $71.10

They deliver it to your cabin and you order it online prior to your cruise.

The tap water is perfectly safe and it is the only water I use on the ships.

Royal Caribbean appears to have quietly added "non-alcoholic beverages" to their list of banned items that passengers cannot take aboard. It used to address only alcohol, but I just checked and was surprised to see they now officially prohibit passengers from bringing bottled water and soda aboard. Frankly this is getting ridiculous with Royal Caribbean. I guess it means if I bring a bottle of Mexican Coca-Cola aboard while in Cozumel they'll confiscate it. However it also means if you show up at the pier with a case of bottled water they might confiscate it and give it back at the end of the cruise. On port days they always have stations set up by the exit selling bottles of water. You can find it cheaper on the pier from a local bar or shop.

Some housekeeping for you: your cruise ticker is using html code, and that won't work here. You need to use the BB code option.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:36 AM

Yikes!

Case of 12 750ml Evian Sport Bottles if you bought them yourself is only 20 bucks!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:42 AM
The tap water is as good as you can get....On our last cruise on the Oasis, they were making us give up any liquids we were bringing back aboard the ship.....Drink all the ships water you want...it's GOOD.....buy your water off the ship...it's cheaper.....Just have a smashing good time...

Bob E
Old 02-23-2010, 05:59 PM

Dear MKCruise10

We were on the Independence of the Seas on Jan 31 and we bought a case of 24 Nestle water bottles at the Publix near the Port in Fort Lauderdale and put them into a gym bag and no problem at all, they were delivered to our room with our suitcases. No issue at all. It cost us a big $5.00. Also, we brought 6 small bottles of wine on board. We had them in our luggage - very evident no hiding, or whatever, just very evident - paid total of $8.00 for the wine again at Publix and ship never did confiscate on embarkation. I read the rules about the water and the alcoholic beverages. It is my belief that RCCL has that in caveat in the policy to stop people from bringing hard liquor on board, and 750 ml bottles of wine by the ton. They want you spending your money on their liquor - no problem there. We bought a couple of bottles in the dining roon and what we did not finish each sitting, the dining room will put in the fridge for you and you can have it the next sitting. We like our water and have always brought it on board, so give it a try for $5.00, it really is a no brainer. CHeers.

Closed Thread

Tags
add, bottled, caribbean, cruise, cruises, drinks, package, packages, packing, pay, royal, safe, ship, suitcase, tap, water