Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2002, 06:54 PM

I'd like some feedback regarding our upcoming cruise aboard the Enchantment of the Seas. Most specifically, about the ship.

It's been five years since our last cruise aboard the Granduer of the Seas (when she was new). We had a great time and loved the ship. I understand the Enchantment is the Granduer's sister ship. I'm concerned about some reviews I have recently come across, regarding the service and condition of the ship.

We got a bargain basement price for a December 15th sailing, when combined with a $150 off C&A coupon. As we are scuba divers, we are especially looking forward to the ports of call. But I am beginning to have reservations about our choice of ships.

Any feedback (either positive or negative) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-07-2002, 06:54 PM

I'd like some feedback regarding our upcoming cruise aboard the Enchantment of the Seas. Most specifically, about the ship.

It's been five years since our last cruise aboard the Granduer of the Seas (when she was new). We had a great time and loved the ship. I understand the Enchantment is the Granduer's sister ship. I'm concerned about some reviews I have recently come across, regarding the service and condition of the ship.

We got a bargain basement price for a December 15th sailing, when combined with a $150 off C&A coupon. As we are scuba divers, we are especially looking forward to the ports of call. But I am beginning to have reservations about our choice of ships.

Any feedback (either positive or negative) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-08-2002, 04:09 AM

Our Contributing Editors Tom & Mary Milano were on the "Enchantment" three weeks ago. They have been on the ship several times, and they will gladly answer all questions you might have.

Check out the reviews of their trips aboard the "Enchantment":

http://www.tomandmaryscruisereviews.com/

Raoul Fiebig

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-08-2002, 07:46 AM

I read the above mentioned couple's excellent, but very long review, a few days ago. I wasn't necessarily looking for published reviews...I can find those anywhere. What I need is unbiased feedback from people who have been on the Enchantment of the Seas. Thanks anyway for your kind suggestion.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:11 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Mermaid,

If our review didn't tell you what you would like to know, we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Having sailed on the Enchantment three times we should be able to answer most of your questions.

Regards,
Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)
Old 08-08-2002, 11:30 AM

I'm new to this group, and joined mainly to get input on our upcoming cruise. I appreciate your response. If I have any specific questions regarding the Enchantment of the Seas, I will not hesitate to ask Tom and Mary.

My husband and I have been on several cruises, but it's been a while since we booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean. We had billing issues with Royal Caribbean that took over a year to sort out, so we stopped crusing with them. Our experiences aboard the Granduer of the Seas were positive, but dealing with our travel agent and Royal Caribbean customer service months after our cruise lefta very negative impression of the cruise line.

We booked our upcoming cruise, after friends recommended we check out Royal Caribbean and give them another chance. We booked our cruise in February and have thus far had no problems, no compalints.

I was very interested to learn that the Enchantment is the Granduer's sister ship. We loved the Granduer in 1997, but have since read a number of reviews from past guests (at Epinions, Cruise Critic and other sites on the net) who have been very critical of the service, of the food, and of the overall appearance of the Enchantment.

I really do not have any specific questions, but was hoping to solicit comments from others who have cruised aboard the Enchantment. Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-08-2002, 12:48 PM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Mermaid,

I believe the date was May 12th, that the Enchantment was in a shipyard for a week being refurbished. When we cruised in July, it was obvious that most of the carpeting was new and a great deal of the settees and other funrniture. The ship over-all looked fine.

Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)

Closed Thread

Tags
dates, enchantment, problems, sail, seas