Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 08:33 AM

You're right Dave. It's just a novelty. It gives RCI bragging rights to say they have the "only" rising bar on the seas. Albeit, not working!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:26 AM
How does the rising bar work? ( besides not well) Do you have to wait until it reaches the deck you're on? I've been to many revolving restaurants and found that after a drink or two they're disorienting. Not sure about the prospect of rising while the ship is swaying.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 03-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Administrator

It goes from the Promenade up to Central Park (3 decks). You can board at either end, via gates on the sides, which they close prior to starting. Under it on the Promenade are the water sprays mentioned above, which start once the bar lifts up high enough. It isn't very big. I thought it was cramped.

You can find videos on You Tube. There is a good one that lasts over 3 minutes but I can't link it here since it contains advertising for a cruise agency. But if you google "Rising Tide Bar Oasis Of The Seas" you'll find it easily.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:09 PM
To me, the rising bar was an after thought...can't think of a kind word to say about it....waste of space...the water show was working great when I was on the ship....keep the show, get rid of the bar....

Bob E
Old 03-28-2010, 04:30 PM

I just booked the Oasis for May 15th. I have a Boardwalk view Stateroom with a balcony on deck 10 near the back of the ship - cabin 10317. Just curious to know if I made a good decision with this location. I hope someone can give me some input. I booked it because we wanted to get a crystal for the Oasis instead of the Liberty. It'll be in commemoration of our 60th cruise.

Sonny
Old 03-28-2010, 08:38 PM

The Boardwalk is on deck 6. During the day, I thought that area was pretty noisy. Music was playing inside and outside of Johnny Rockets, and the music was competing with the music from the carousel. I remember thinking to myself, that I wondered how the noise factor was for the Boardwalk balcony rooms, as I was sitting down at Johnny Rockets. The carousel always had music playing, with an ride attendent saying "come on kiddees, who wants to ride the carousel", and other things to get people/kids to ride it. I saw people walking on the big stilts, and other characters dressed up outside of Johnny Rockets dancing to the music and trying to get everyone else to dance with them. The area was quite and calm at night. But during the day, it is pretty packed with kids running around. I even heard a mom talking about her kid, saying the kid was upset cause the mom wouldn't let her play in the Boardwalk area anymore. So, I would predict some noise during the day, and peaceful at night. I can't guess if the noise would penetrate through the balcony door if it is closed. We had an OV balcony on deck 14, it was awesome as usual. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-29-2010, 04:38 AM

Hi Sonny,
The week we were on Oasis the Boardwalk was not really busy at any time other than when the Oasis of Dreams was letting out. There was always music playing up on the sports deck and flowrider area. I am not sure how much of that would filter down.

Privacy would seem to be a bigger concern for me. Both the Boardwalk and Central Park balconies had no privacy. Anyone on an opposing balcony could see into your balcony/cabin. Can even worse anyone walking around deck 15 has unobstructed views of all of the balconies.

I am curious what others think, especially anyone who has stayed in one of these cabins. It felt to me as though I would want to keep the crapes closed all of the time.

Barry
Old 03-29-2010, 08:56 AM

I'm kind of talked out of the Boardwalk Balcony Cabin. My wife and I had a long talk about cruising in the middle of May when our weather is finally warm and decided to plan something else.

Sonny
Old 03-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Administrator

I don't think the Boardwalk or Central Park balcony cabins are a good choice, and for all the reasons mentioned by the others.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:55 PM
The inside balconies are a peep show ready to happen:-)...You can see up into them, down into them, across into them....seemed like everyone had their drapes drawn most of the time....and I'm sure it's LOUD during the day....but of course, if the price were right, guess I would take one.....The Ship is a GRAND ride though....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
11, balcony, boardwalk, cabins, caribbean, deck, nude, oasis, royal, seas, serenade, show, suite, thermal, water