Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:43 PM

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I are thinking about going on our first cruise--the 7-day Mexican Riviera on the Mariner in early October. Few questions...

1. We have a 5 yr old and a 4 month old (she'll be 6 months in October). Would it be crazy to take them? Is the cruise baby/kid friendly? Has anyone cruised with a baby?

2. What's the weather like in October? Are the seas really choppy?

3. Anything we should know before booking? And any good sites we should use to book?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:43 PM

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I are thinking about going on our first cruise--the 7-day Mexican Riviera on the Mariner in early October. Few questions...

1. We have a 5 yr old and a 4 month old (she'll be 6 months in October). Would it be crazy to take them? Is the cruise baby/kid friendly? Has anyone cruised with a baby?

2. What's the weather like in October? Are the seas really choppy?

3. Anything we should know before booking? And any good sites we should use to book?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

If you look here you find info on the "Royal Tots and Babies" and "Adventure Ocean" programs. The Royal Babies program is a new feature and 6 month olds can attend. Bear in mind you or another adult in your group must stay with the baby. Your older child can be enrolled in the Adventure Ocean program for his age group.

I'd be lying if I told you cruising with a baby is all sun and fun. You'll need at least an umbrella stroller, as well as all the other baby stuff. However, you can now order baby food, diapers, and wipes from Royal Caribbean. These will be in your cabin when you board. Read more about "Babies 2 Go" as well as the Royal Babies and other youth programs in this press release.

Nobody can predict the weather in October, or if the seas will be rough. Too many variables.

This is your first cruise so I strongly urge you to not book it on your own. Find a travel agent who specializes in cruises. You'll be glad you did. If you go to the CLIA Website and enter your zip code on the right hand side, you can find a list of qualified agents in your area.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:44 AM

Hi mangobox, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Although I can certainly understand wanting to take your children, it would be totally up to you. If you're looking for a little relaxation, having the children will definitely put a crimp in that. However, ships are much more family oriented now. I totally agree with Dave on finding a good travel agent, they are worth their weight in gold. They will give you the best price available, too.

We have cruised many times in October and have been very fortunate with the weather. In fact, most of the time it's been absolutely perfect. It is hurricane season, so there is always a chance. My hubby's birthday is October 20th, so we've taken many cruises around that time. Best wishes and please let us know what you decide to book!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:04 PM

Knowing what I know, I wouldn't take children that young if I felt comfortable leaving them with Grandma and Grandpa back home. However, a lot of parents do take babies with them on a cruise (probably their first cruise also).

Sonny

Closed Thread