Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 AM

hi everyone...
does anyone know if i can change a reservation to include a second person in a cabin after the final payment has been completed.

the orignal reservation is for single occupancy in a stateroom that has two single beds. i would like to add a second person to this stateroom and reservsation.

the new person is a minor (17 yrs) and therefore can't get their own cabin.

thanks!!!!
Kris
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 AM

Hi knieves, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I would think it would depend on how far out the cruise is. Hopefully, someone will know for sure. Did you book through a travel agent or directly? Did you call your travel agent or RCI? Best wishes!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:54 AM

thanks Penny3333

i did book through a travel agent nad have contacted them about it. i was told that they did not think it was possible... therefore, was looking for some second and third opinions.

my cruise is not until sept 27.

thanks again.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:49 PM

If the second person does not need airfare through the cruise line, it should be no problem adding someone to your reservation. The price difference should reflect a second person's taxes and fees, since as a single, you're already paying 200% of the cruise fare, in all likelihood.

Sandy
Old 08-11-2009, 12:53 PM

First.. I can't answer your question because I don't know for sure.

But I can say that it may depend on the cabin you are assigned. If you already have an assigned cabin, check to see if it will hold 2 people (although there can't be too many that would not IF there are any single cabins on ships any more)

But, I don't see why they could not add a person to your cabin. I don't think your travel agent is being honest. It would be more work for them, but I don't see why it can't be done. You could always call RCCL and asked them if it can be done. If they say yes, call your TA back and tell them to make it happen. Expect to pay more - basically the second person fare for the additional person. They may or may not refund the difference in your single passenger rate and the "based on double occupancy rate" or they may not. But the single rate is not a full 2 person fare, so putting a person in the cabin with you won't be "free"
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-11-2009, 01:36 PM
knieves - Welcome Aboard to Cruise-Chat - A place where I hope you will find the time to spend many happy hours ashore and a few at sea!! This is the place to be when you are "on the beach" and " 'tween ships"!

In certain past cruises I have added an additional passenger to my stateroom after the original booking. So long as the stateroom has the capacity for an additional passenger the fare is adjusted accordingly to the cruise fare for that cabin with the new numbers of passenger occupancy. If you are a solo cruiser already paying 200% - the additional cost will likely be the added on taxes and port fees. If you are adding a third/fourth passenger then there will be additional fares to be paid, usually at a different rate!

In all cases you must be making the "add on" reservation within the time limits established by the cruiseline and Homeland Security - you can't walk up to the purser the day of the sailing and add another passenger to the ship's manifest - It does not work like an airline!!!

I recommend you contact your TA or the cruiseline for making the arrangements! Best of Luck to you, Welcome Aboard and...

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 08-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
i was told that they did not think it was possible.
The correct answer from them should have been "let me call the cruise line and find out", not conjecture.

As Sandy and the others have said - it should be no problem. Is the 17 year old your child? If not you will have to jump through some hoops as far as having some documentation for being an approved guardian, and you'll need to be 25 or older.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
quote:
i was told that they did not think it was possible.
The correct answer from them should have been "let me call the cruise line and find out", not conjecture.

As Sandy and the others have said - it should be no problem. Is the 17 year old your child? If not you will have to jump through some hoops as far as having some documentation for being an approved guardian, and you'll need to be 25 or older.

Good additional points Dave. I forgot to mention the guardian and age issues. You will have to fill out a couple of forms (with his parents signatures), which have to be notarized yada, yada, yada, to allow a non-child minor to travel with you. You TA should also be able to get those for you. Its no big deal really and we have done it for our nephew traveling with us, so it is easily enough done but it will need to be.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-29-2009, 12:14 AM

Hello, I am from Germany and am taking my minor godson (blood related) to the United States and on a cruise with RCCL. Can you tell me what forms I will need for the cruise line to prove that I am allowed by the parents to do so?
Thanks in advance, Lucy
Old 08-29-2009, 07:46 AM

Lucy, The cruise line requires a letter signed by both the parents assigning you as guardian. I would check with a local German Travel agency as you most likely also will need a letter from the parents for the airlines to take him out of the country.

Closed Thread

Tags
adding, carribean, existing, reservation, royal