Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Along with everything else, the word is that cabin attendants don't "do ice" anymore. If you want a bucket of ice you have to call room service.

The cruise line has also gone to issuing pool towels only at the pool deck, and they are not placed in cabins any more.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of these?
Old 03-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Along with everything else, the word is that cabin attendants don't "do ice" anymore. If you want a bucket of ice you have to call room service.

The cruise line has also gone to issuing pool towels only at the pool deck, and they are not placed in cabins any more.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of these?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:43 AM

I have just sent this email to RCCL. Are the C&A responsible RCCL managers as shortsighted as our reputed bank managers not understanding what is going on in the real world?

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,we have switched last year from NCL to RCCL because of the advantageous amenities with Crown&Anchor Club. Our goal was to achieve Diamond status as soon as possible in order to use the Concierge Club amenities on board. (i.e.for 2008 we have selected RCCL for 2 transatlantic cruises with the Voyager and 2009 one Caribbean and one Transatlantic in spring with Navigator in order to achieve Diamond status for our 2nd 2009 transatlantic cruise on Voyager.) This is the only reason/incentive to stay loyal to RCCL. Now that you have changed in an outrageous coup that even Diamond members can not enter the Concierge Club on the Navigator and the Voyager anymore, I will get rid of all my RCCL shares ( also because of RCCL's backfiring policy of not allowing combining rebates like Balcony/shares/onboard early booking) and most importantly, will not cruise with RCCL anymore, thus will cancel my already booked future cruises with RCCL. There is enough other than RCCL competition with attractive offers!Please be aware that we have booked RCCL in 2008 and 2009 only due to the reason to get access to Concierge Club as a Diamond member. A real shame how RCCL drives loyal members in the arms of other cruise lines and stabbs members striving for Concierge club access into the back.
Greetings from Germany

Old 03-29-2009, 10:11 AM

Haven't heard that one Dave. On our cruise last month on Navigator, our ice bucket was filled only in the evenings.

The towel deal is real. However, on Indy,we had to check them in and out with our Seapass card. On Nav, we just gave them the used towels and picked up clean ones.....no card needed.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 03-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Administrator

I've always felt the towels in the cabin was a bit of a hassle. At one time you couldn't even get them at the pool deck. I also think the cruise lines have all been a bit silly about it with the outrageous fee for lost towels, needing to check them in and out, etc.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:24 PM

We asked our cabin steward if he would please fill our ice bucket every day. It was filled each day, but I don't know if he filled it or called for room service to do it. We also had to show our seapass card at the pool side in order to get a towel, and show it again when we returned. a couple of times it was a hassle because there was a line. Sometimes I wonder if they're actually trying to get us seasoned cruisers to stop cruising to make room for all the newbies.

Sonny

P.S. That was on the Independence. I haven't seen this policy on any of the other ships yet.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:30 PM

They don't seem to have the same policies from ship to ship. When we picked up towels on Nav we offered our cards and they said "Oh no, we don't need that." On Indy, there was no way we were going to get a towel without our card

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 03-30-2009, 03:57 AM

I think the towel idea is great.I think what Rccl is trying to do is to do a end run around the chair hogs. You would be alot less likely to just leave 2 towels laying in a pool chair all day if you knew it would cost you 40 dollars if you were'nt around to watch it
Old 03-30-2009, 04:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Casey & Kathy:
I think the towel idea is great.I think what Rccl is trying to do is to do a end run around the chair hogs. You would be alot less likely to just leave 2 towels laying in a pool chair all day if you knew it would cost you 40 dollars if you were'nt around to watch it

That's a good point!

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 03-30-2009, 09:10 AM

Hello,

Just got back from a 12 day on EOS. We had ice every night provided by our stateroom attendant. If we wanted it in the morning, she would have provided that as well. You could only get towels by the pool...no stateroom card needed.

Closed Thread

Tags
call, rcl, room