Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2005, 09:20 AM

My wife and I will be on the Baltic cruise leaving Harwich on July 14, 2005. Our previous cruises have been with Princess and Celebrity. How does RCC compare relative to service, dining etc.? I understand there are 2 formal and 4 smart casual evenings. Could anyone provide the specific days ? I would be interested in hearing from anyone relative to the shore excursions in the various ports and any reccommendations. Thanks

Ron
Old 02-25-2005, 09:20 AM

My wife and I will be on the Baltic cruise leaving Harwich on July 14, 2005. Our previous cruises have been with Princess and Celebrity. How does RCC compare relative to service, dining etc.? I understand there are 2 formal and 4 smart casual evenings. Could anyone provide the specific days ? I would be interested in hearing from anyone relative to the shore excursions in the various ports and any reccommendations. Thanks

Ron
Old 02-25-2005, 11:23 AM

Which ship are you on? This will help withy the question. Also, you can find port reviews on all of the baltic ports at www.EuropePortReviews.com. The Baltic is a great cruise and about the only port that really needs planning is St. Petersburg. I would highly recommend the Hermitage and doing a highlights tour of the city. Be sure to make time for shopping, as well.

Let us know if you have any specific questions about the ports.

Tom
Old 02-26-2005, 06:33 AM

Hi Tom,

We will be sailing on the Jewel Of The Seas. I noted that there are a great many tours offered in St.Petersburg. Our initial thought is to use day 1 perhaps touring some of the various castles offered, return to the ship and then return to see a ballet. The second day would be a tour of St. Petersburg and the Hermitage. I would really like to hear any other suggestions as this will probably be the highlight of the cruise.

Ron
Old 02-26-2005, 06:56 AM

Hi Again Tom,

I just wanted to say that I read your reviews on the various Baltic ports and they were very helpful. They will make planning a little easier.

Thanks

Ron
Old 02-26-2005, 09:06 AM

Hey, thanks for the kind words. Yourplans for St. Petersburg sound wonderful. You will really enjoy your visit the way you have it planned.

Tom
Old 03-03-2005, 05:40 AM

Hi Ron,

we made the cruise last may also on the Jewel and it was outstanding. All the scandinivian capitals were interesting, St. Petersburg was a little bit disappinting, because only the mainstreets and the buildings there were renovated and all the other streets showed how poor people live.
We booked a 9 1/2 hour tour for, I think 139 $, we rushed through the Eremitage in only 2 hours, much too short to see all the outstanding things inside. Your are not allowed to see things on your own, and at some interesting places they stop, you can see it from the outside and not inside, you will have lunch in a russian restaurant (very unfriendly people)and at the end of the day you are exhausted. So when you will visit the ballett, book only a shorter tour on the first day and the second day for Amberroom and St. Katharinenburg.

The city we really enjoyed was Tallin in Estonia. The city is wonderful renovated, medieval and with very friendly people.

About the formal or casual dining:
not such a big problem. On formal evenings a man has to ware a jacket (dinnerjacket not nessecary) and women a nice dress or another elegant outfit (must not be an eveninggown).
But you will love the Jewel of the Seas.

Best wishes for your cruise.

Oppis from Germany

Closed Thread

Tags
baltic, caribbean, carribean, celebrity, compare, cruise, cruises, excursion, excursions, planning, princess, questions, reviews, royal, russia, shore