Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 09:36 AM

Ok, some of you folks remind me again on a couple things. On the Liberty, we had a Junior Suite and got two cruise credits. Since I have now changed to a J.S on the Navigator, will it work the same way?

Also, I have changed plans and now will be flying down the night before the cruise as I just could not get comfortable flying down the day of the cruise. We are staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay, which is close to the pier. Any of you have recommendations on who to get to take you from MIA to the hotel? Is just grabbing a taxi the best? Thanks for any input.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Top Shuttle or Go Shuttle are good. Line it up for transfer from airport to hotel, and then hotel to ship, and finally ship to airport.

You get two credits for the JS, which is really the only suite perk you get for that category. No concierge club or other special things.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:46 AM

Bruce, we booked the Westin in Coral Gables for next May. I emailed the hotel to see if they had a shuttle from the airport, which they did not. They told me that a taxi ride would be $16/flat rate. He also suggested my friend use the Airport Express Shuttle Service from Ft. Lauderdale, he said it was about $30. They do have MetroRail, so you might want to check to see if MetroRail would get you from the airport to your hotel. It is REALLY inexpensive. Here's the link. You can email the hotel and ask them what stop you would need to get off on. The Westin had a guest relations person that was really nice, he even called me long distance to answer my questions. I'm sure the Marriott would be more than willing to help, too.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:23 PM

Thanks Dave and Penny. Yep, I remember the name Tops now!! I am thinking the taxi was around $20. It is 7.5 miles from the airport to the hotel and then about 1 mile to the port. I will check into that. We will be spending a night in the same hotel post cruise as we don't want the adventure to end too soon!!

Penny, looks like you are leaving soon on the Solstice. That looks like an interesting ship, make sure and take plenty of pics! Oh, and have a wonderful birthday on the Solstice!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 12-09-2009, 12:26 PM

Thank you, I sure will I have 4 rolls of 35mm and 2, 4GB discs. I'm excited to be trying Celebrity, this will be our first time.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:28 PM

Which line can you use/earn credits on for use on RCCL? I can't remember the ones that they own!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 12-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Which line can you use/earn credits on for use on RCCL?
Not sure what you mean.

Cruise credits are not combinable between RCI, Celebrity, and Azamara Club Cruises. Once you attain a certain loyalty level on either Celebrity or RCI you get equal recognition on the other line. For instance, as a diamond member of the RCI Crown & Anchor Society I get Captain's Club Elite status with Celebrity. However any Celebrity cruises I take don't add to my total for making it to diamond plus level with RCI. Azamara is breaking away with their own exclusive program.

You have to be an RCI platinum member to get equal recognition with Celebrity (Captain's Club Select, I think is the level), and vice versa. But as I said, in the eyes of each cruise line you haven't added to your total for their purposes when you cruise on the other line.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:49 PM

That must have been what I remembered reading Dave. I was thinking that the other lines that RCCL owned would count as well. Now, I do remember it being just the recognition part. Thanks for clearing that up.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 AM

Electech,we have stay twice at the Marriott, Bicaynne Bay for our prenight. Ask for a room facing the marina so that you can have a beautiful view of the ships; corner room if possible. Plenty nearby to see and do and easy transportation around the area. Enjoy

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread