Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:22 PM

I just called our TA to ask about our cruise docs, as we haven't received them yet and we sail in ten days.

I was told that the agency went "green" and no longer sends out the document package. However, she thought that I could print out e-docs including luggage tags, via the RCCL website.

Went on the RCCL website but could't find a menu option to do that.

Finally called RCCL and was told that you can no longer print out your e-docs or luggage tags.

She said that all I needed to have with me was the Set Sail pass, passport (or acceptable ID), and the credit card I wanted to use for my onboard charges. And luggage tags? The porters will put tags on our luggage when we get to the pier.

Oh, how sad. I was so excited just waiting to receive the package and so looking forward to doing that special dance. I also liked the colorful tags that went around the handles of our luggage. Looks like those days might be over.

Well, ya know what? I'm just gonna pretend that I got my docs today anyway, and I'm starting to do a doc dance right now.

So there!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:52 PM

Now, Now, let's quit the little temper tantrum or Santa won't bring you a new cruise for Christmas.

All the cruise lines are going to E-Docs. Everything is done on line, and as the cruise line said all you need is the Set Sail, Id, and credit card. It is a big waste of ink, paper, and postage to send out printed documents.

RCI has made numerous cutbacks and on board costs increases in the last year. I would rather them go to Edocs to save cost, than to make more on board cost increases or cuts.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:16 PM

From what I understand, you don't even get e-docs anymore, just get to print the set sail pass when you do the online sign in thingy.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:24 PM

So now we have some thing new - when your set sail pass comes out of your printer, you can do a Set Sail Pass Dance!

Sonny
Old 05-13-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
From what I understand, you don't even get e-docs anymore, just get to print the set sail pass when you do the online sign in thingy.

The set sail is still an E-document. "E" being electronic. The set sail being the document.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I just called our TA to ask about our cruise docs, as we haven't received them yet and we sail in ten days.

I was told that the agency went "green" and no longer sends out the document package. However, she thought that I could print out e-docs including luggage tags, via the RCCL website.

Went on the RCCL website but could't find a menu option to do that.
I am sure someone here can walk you through how to print them from the website.

Here is a link to the cruise document information.

This link is for the online check in.

Dwayne
Old 05-13-2009, 08:18 PM
It is so disappointing.What about gest from Europe how they going to print set sail pass? My friends don't use computer.?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:06 AM

I'm just thinking about what it will be like at the pier, with some 3,000 passengers trying to get luggage tags written up by the porters and how long that will take.

And, how many mistakes will be made or illegible data scribbled when hurrying to write information on the tags - talk about the potential for lost luggage.

I would prefer to still have pre-printed luggage tags mailed to us (even for a fee), or at least let us be able to print them ourselves.

Well, I think I have calmed down enough to regain my composure and will stop stomping around the house and holding my breath. (Can't risk jeapordizing the possibility of a new cruise from Santa, either.)

Now I'm going to take Sonny's advice and do the brand new "Set Sail Pass Dance"!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 05-14-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
So now we have some thing new - when your set sail pass comes out of your printer, you can do a Set Sail Pass Dance!

Sonny
Haven't seen the dancing baby in a loooong time - thanks for that!!

We got our docs (including luggage tags) in the mail about a month ago, and I didn't know we were supposed to do a dance. We did, however, do the ear-to-ear grin!

Excited doesn't even begin to describe it.....

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-14-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
And, how many mistakes will be made or illegible data scribbled when hurrying to write information on the tags - talk about the potential for lost luggage.

Cruise lines have been using the E-docs now for a couple years. Most cruise lines have given you the option of e-docs or paper. But they are moving more and more away from paper and going totally electronic. Just like the utility companies, credit cards, and banks want you to do everything online.

I haven't found the luggage tags to be an issue at the pier. Although I always arrive early. I suppose if you arrived right during peak time there may be a small line. All they do is look your name up and put a tag on your luggage with your room number. No need to write out all the information. However; if you want your name and address on the tag to be on the safe side, Then take some of the self-adhesive address labels you get in the mail all the time. You can stick them on very quickly and be on your way to check -in.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, diembarking, edocs, pass, setsail