Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 11:00 AM

Zeyda,

Thanks for your input. We have never been to Busch Gardens but we have stayed at many different Embassy Suites, some great and some just ok. The one close to the port looks very nice. We are going to be driving down, so would you recommend parking at the port or paying the extra to leave your car at the hotel? Is one safer or more convenient than the other? We have always taken shuttles to the port, that is the reason for asking. I can think of good and bad reasons both ways!!

Tell me more about this restaurant, the type food and is it safe. Thanks again for your input.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 09-08-2010, 12:38 PM

Hi Bruce,
I live in Tampa and am going on the Radiance for the same trip only leaving Dec 2. I'll try to quickly post my thoughts here before you leave later that month! Ok-the Embassy Suites you are staying at are located ALMOST a walk away from the docks-the parking question would be either way in my opinion. Which is cheaper? I don't think the parking for the cruise would be unsafe; they share the parking with a busy area called Channelside (shopping, eating movie area). The hotel you're at is very nice, no worries there.
Busch Gardens all the way, even before the aquarium. I hate to say it, but for a town situated right on water, our aquarium is a little disapointing and expensive. Instead of dining at the Columbia (very over-rated tourist thing), just walk around Ybor. Its completely safe-just stick to the main roads. You may be panhanddled a little, but the shops are very interesting and there is a little museum too. There is a trolly that runs from Channelside (where you are staying) right into downtown Ybor for a small fee, so you don't even need to drive there.

Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 AM

Thanks so much Mary and I appreciate the reply. I did a Google sat/air view and looked down on the streets and parking deck. It is very close, I would say less than a mile. It looks to be a very simple drive. I know at the hotel, they want a premium for the cruise package, I'll just have to see what the parking deck charges. Not sure how to find that out but I am leaning toward parking at the port. My wife and daughter both love aquariums so I will tell them to not be too disappointed. Now, Busch Gardenns, with all those roller coasters will probably be the highlight for our daughter!!

BTW, we are thinking of doing the jeep tour this time in Cozumel, so if you do that, let us know your impressions. This will be the sixth trip to Cozumel for us and have yet to do the jeep thing.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 09-10-2010, 11:35 AM

Hi Bruce,
You're welcome! Busch Gardens is so much more than rollercoasters, although they have some of the best ones around. It's also a very large zoo of exotic animals and there is a jeep ride that takes you into their habitat that I would recommend. I do not plan on the jeep excursion in Cozomel. My sister and I are planning on shopping only! We only have six hours there and a lot of Christmas presents to buy! Sorry
This is her first cruise and my second, so we are practically neophites into this arena. We're both going with a "take it easy" attitude and just plan to have fun! Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-10-2010, 01:50 PM

Thanks Mary. If you ever go back to Cozumel, take in Chankanaab Park and do the Dolphin encounter, it was great.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, cold, cruise, disney, fl, radiance, review, seas, tampa