Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 AM

Hello one and all. We have been extremely busy and not been online much but we enjoyed our Navigator cruise in April very much. We now have scheduled the Radiance for the 4 night cruise out of Tampa on 12-20. This will be the first time we have been away on Christmas and will also be the first time we have done 2 cruises in a year before. We are looking forward to it very much. Just got to update my ticker now!! Anyway, anyone fresh off the Radiance? Also, we are staying at the Embassy Suites near the port in Tampa, any reviews of that? I think we are going to throw in a visit to the aquarium and then do Busch Gardens Christmas day before heading back home. We were also thinking of doing the Jeep tour in Cozumel, if anyone has any experience with that, please chime in.

Oh, btw, this cruise will move us to Platinum C&A status!!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 08-31-2010, 10:41 AM

I was on a B2B on the Radiance last October and thought the food was the best of any of RCCL's fleet. My daughter did the jeep tour in Cozumel last year and say it was a blast. Sounds like you bought the perfect Christmas present.

Sonny
Old 08-31-2010, 10:48 AM

Thanks Sonny. Yep, we all three are excited about the cruise. I have some mixed emotions about not being around the whole family on both sides for Christmas but the most important thing to me is to be with my wife and daughter. We are trying to make lifetime memories for our daughter while we still can! This will be cruise #3 for her!! It seems like only yesterday we were talking here about her upcoming first cruise!!

Looks like you are off this weekend, so have fun and be safe.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 08-31-2010, 10:48 AM

Congratulations electech! I can't think of a better way to spend Christmas. I am so very happy for you. Busch Gardens is a blast and very well worth the trip. The birds alone are amazing and the ice cold beer at the end (if they're still doing that) is wonderful. I've not been on the Radiance nor done the jeeps, but I have celebrated Christmas on board. It's a fabulous way to enjoy the holidays! Have a marvelous time!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:53 AM

Thanks Penny, we were typing at the same time. My daughter loves roller coasters and there are some doozies at Busch Gardens!! Last summer at Disney, she talked me into doing Summit Plummet!!!OMG, talk about death defying! It is something like 180 feet up in the air, a waterslide, that is so steep and fast you can exhale to scream!! Radar clocked my fat butt at 58 mph at the bottom!

Anyway, we are looking into the Oasis but dang, it is still very expensive. She is dying to do the Oasis or a Disney cruise but I don't know if I could stand a Disney cruise!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 08-31-2010, 11:03 AM

Disney Cruises offer a great product. There is plenty for adults and adult only areas. I've done them three times and thinking I need to go again when the new ship comes out.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:12 AM

Thanks, I will have to check into the Disney cruise. I am/was under the impression that it would be full of screaming kids and be a hectic time.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 09-01-2010, 10:58 AM

electech

My husband and I went on Disney cruise 2 years ago. We NEVER had any issues with kids at all. 1 time two teenage girls were running down hallway laughing. No one else was in hallway and they were not doing anything mean, rude or offensive..Just being teenagers.
In fact never heard or saw any kids screaming, crying or throwing a fit. Kids on this cruise were unbelieveable good..At times you almost forget it was a Disney cruise.
Like Cruise Fanatic stated there are many "adult Only" places on ship (and on Disney's own island).

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-01-2010, 05:21 PM

For awhile I thought I was in the wrong forum... .

Sonny
Old 09-02-2010, 02:40 AM

You picked a great ship...we did Alaska on Radiance and it's a beautiful ship.

I live in Tampa and you will enjoy Busch Gardens and Embassy Suites is a great hotel. If you have time, you may consider having dinner at the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City...it's just about a mile east of te Port and alocal landmark.

Enjoy your cruise

Zeyda
Tampa, FL

Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, cold, cruise, disney, fl, radiance, review, seas, tampa