Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2004, 09:27 PM
I have never been on a cruise before. That will change on November 1st (6 weeks from now) when I will sail on The Sovereign of the Seas for a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas.

I will need advice from expierienced cruisers. For example:
On your first cruise(s) was there something you wished you had brought along? Did you remember saying "I wish I had brought that along with me (Us)! Oops! I forgot that!", or something similiar?
Old 09-20-2004, 09:27 PM
I have never been on a cruise before. That will change on November 1st (6 weeks from now) when I will sail on The Sovereign of the Seas for a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas.

I will need advice from expierienced cruisers. For example:
On your first cruise(s) was there something you wished you had brought along? Did you remember saying "I wish I had brought that along with me (Us)! Oops! I forgot that!", or something similiar?
Old 09-21-2004, 02:23 AM

Hi Frase,

welcome to CC.

Make sure to use a good packing list such as Tom's, and go through it well ahead of your cruise. It might list things you would have probably left at home.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-21-2004, 06:51 AM

Just a few things: alarm clock, nightlight (especially if you have an inside cabin), OTC meds you might need (antihistamines, Pepto or Imodium, your favorite brand of pain reliever) - if you happen to need them and the ship's store is out of them, it can be tough! A windbreaker is a great idea - or plan to buy one onboard (not cheap). Sunglasses. Sunscreen. Insect repellent (some island areas can have sand flies or mosquitos). Something to read on the plane, or while sitting by the pool.

Have a great time!!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:05 AM

The best thing I can tell you is grab your compass tear off the half of the back page with the activities on it so you know whats going on and have the time of your life.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest
Old 09-21-2004, 09:18 AM

Frase,

the Compass is RCI's daily program in case you don't know what Randy is talking about.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Thank you everyone. I will make sure to bring what you have mentioned on my cruise.

Raoul, where is this packing list of Tom's that you mentioned? Is it somewhere on this website? Or somewhere else?

Once again, thank you to everyone for your advice. I appreciate it.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:37 PM

Frase, Try to do some homework on you own for each port. You might find some better places to explore if you do. Try a search engine info line like " secluded beaches/ St. Thomas". Also, if you find your packing too much....STOP PACKING! TOO many clothes are common. If you need to, send out your cleaning w/ housekeeping. Enjoy the service and be pampered!
Old 09-21-2004, 12:45 PM

If you came in through cruisereviews.com, it's at the bottom of the home page, "Master Packing List." If you started with cruise-chat, go to www.cruisereviews.com and then down to the list.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:44 PM

Frase,

just click on the link I provided in my posting. Here it is, once more.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
american, cruise, packing, passport, touristor, wallet