Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2004, 05:51 AM

I'm a little concerned. We are scheduled to leave for our 1st cruise Saturday, but our entire iteniary has been hit by Ivan (Jamica and Grand Cayman). Does anyone have a clue what they do in situations like this? Where will we go?
Old 09-13-2004, 05:51 AM

I'm a little concerned. We are scheduled to leave for our 1st cruise Saturday, but our entire iteniary has been hit by Ivan (Jamica and Grand Cayman). Does anyone have a clue what they do in situations like this? Where will we go?
Old 09-13-2004, 06:12 AM

Cruiselines will reroute the ships to other ports. Royal Caribbean provides updates to travel agents 3 times a day advising them of changes to itineraries and deployment of ships. You can access the infromation yourseld by going directly to their website as this news is posted there as well (www.royalcaribbean.com)
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-13-2004, 06:55 AM

I've tried checking the web-site and they've given updates on ships that sail today or tomorrow. I'm trying to determine if I need to make other arrangements (flights/time/etc.). I just tried calling them directly and they've said that they had no idea. The phone rep told me that our route is still scheduled. She was shocked when I told her that both islands had been hit by Ivan! Little disappointed with the level of information coming from RC right now.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:22 AM

You will find that phone reps for cruiselines are not the most informative people in the world most i dont think could even tell you what a cruiseship looks like. not that they are stupid they only know whats on their computer. Your best source of info will be to keep watching your cruiselines website.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest
Old 09-15-2004, 06:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessed:
I've tried checking the web-site and they've given updates on ships that sail today or tomorrow. I'm trying to determine if I need to make other arrangements (flights/time/etc.). I just tried calling them directly and they've said that they had no idea. The phone rep told me that our route is still scheduled. She was shocked when I told her that both islands had been hit by Ivan! Little disappointed with the level of information coming from RC right now.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MaryLouise Vaughan:
quote:
Originally posted by blessed:

Old 09-15-2004, 06:48 AM

This is my first time here in chat room I am also going on the Sept.18th Cruise to Jamaica & Cayman Islands, anyhow that was to be I am also lost as to know anything Most of time RCWebsite is down and they do not know anything in the office when you call Now Gene is heading towards Puerto Rico I heard, where can we posssible be going? Appreciate anyons's thoughts on this Beach Girl

Closed Thread

Tags
iteniray