Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 11:14 AM

Calling all seasoned cruisers!

We are considering upgrading from a Deluxe Balcony room on the 7th floor, next to the last room, aft side, on Radiance of the Seas to a Superior class balcony room. We are being told it will be in a better location. Seems like it is only slightly larger than the Deluxe and the balcony are the same. We are not late night party folks so we will be spending some time in the cabins.

Do you think it is worth the $150 upgrade. Interested in all opinions.

Thanks much!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Administrator

It would be better if you told us the two cabin numbers involved. I'm not sure what you mean by aft side. There is aft, and then a port side and a starboard side.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:37 AM

The difference is in the square footage of the cabin. Deluxe is 179Sq ft. Superior 204 sq ft. The balconies are 41 sq ft on each. A majority of the Superior cabins are on deck 9 with a few cabins on decks 7, 8, and 10. Some of those are the aft fantail cabins which some people really like. If you will be spending more time in your cabin and using the balcony more you may enjoy the added 25 sq ft space. Also if the location is more desirable you my find the space and location warrant the difference to upgrade.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
It would be better if you told us the two cabin numbers involved. I'm not sure what you mean by aft side. There is aft, and then a port side and a starboard side.
The deluxe cabin is 7668, the next to the last cabin before you get to the aft cabines. The superior room is 9252, towards the aft.

Words of wisdom are appreciated.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
The difference is in the square footage of the cabin. Deluxe is 179Sq ft. Superior 204 sq ft. The balconies are 41 sq ft on each. A majority of the Superior cabins are on deck 9 with a few cabins on decks 7, 8, and 10. Some of those are the aft fantail cabins which some people really like. If you will be spending more time in your cabin and using the balcony more you may enjoy the added 25 sq ft space. Also if the location is more desirable you my find the space and location warrant the difference to upgrade.
Thanks! We had a superior cabin on Monarch of the Seas several years ago and loved it. I just wondered if the extra 25 sq. ft. made that much of a difference for 6 days. DH says it makes a difference to him!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The deluxe cabin is 7668, the next to the last cabin before you get to the aft cabines. The superior room is 9252, towards the aft.
9252 has an obstructed view, which looks to be the window washing machine. They stow it outside that cabin's balcony.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
quote:
9252 has an obstructed view, which looks to be the window washing machine. They stow it outside that cabin's balcony.

Dave, is this window washing machine a big obstruction of the view? Would you stick with the deluxe, a smaller room but a nice view or pay the total $150 difference, have a little more room and an obstructed view? I do appreciate knowing what you would do as an experienced cruiser.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Administrator

I've never been in the cabin, I'm just looking at on-line photos of the ship. It says "partially obstructed view". Google "Radiance Of The Seas" and select images. Some of them will show the sliding washing array parked at the back of the ship. It's probably blocking 30 or 40% of the view.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Look at this photo. Your current cabin is in that darkened area - looks like smoked glass, and it appears it's balcony is recessed and larger than the others in that category. The washer runs along the cabins on decks 8,9, and 10. There is a washer on each side.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I've never been in the cabin, I'm just looking at on-line photos of the ship. It says "partially obstructed view". Google "Radiance Of The Seas" and select images. Some of them will show the sliding washing array parked at the back of the ship. It's probably blocking 30 or 40% of the view.
I called them back to tell them I would stay with the cheaper room with an unobstructed view -- amazingly another room opened up, Room #9580, in the center of the ship, looks to have a nice balcony with no unobstructed view. It's on the bulge out of the ship. I think it's a good room.

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cabin, cabins, deck, deluxe, freedom, obstructed, photos, port, radiance, room, rooms, seas, side, superior, versus, view