Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 10:19 AM

Bigger is not always better. I'll wait for the bugs and the fares to come down. Can you imagine the time it will take to tender a ship that size? I can only imagine what embarkation/debarkation will be like. Maybe start a day before you sail?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Can you imagine the time it will take to tender a ship that size? I can only imagine what embarkation/debarkation will be like.
The Port Director of Port Everglades, the cruise ship port in Ft. Lauderdale, said that the renovation of Terminal 18 for the Oasis is underway. He said they're building the facility such that embarkation of the current 5,400 cruisers can take place simultaneously with disembarkation from the previous cruise. Separate areas of the terminal will be used to process both groups.

He said it will take 15 minutes to board Oasis, from the time you get to the terminal.

THIS I have to see!

Sandy
Old 03-24-2009, 01:44 PM

Me, too, Sandy. They can't board any ship now in 15 minutes
Old 03-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Can you imagine the time it will take to tender a ship that size?
They aren't going to use tenders if they can help it. This is why the ports are limited and they are building a new pier for Labadee and also a new port just for this ship at Falmouth, Jamaica.

The plan is to use tenders only in unusual circumstances, such as like what happened at Cozumel when all the piers were destroyed. Who knows when that will happen again? Sooner or later the Oasis will be in a situation where it will be "we either tender or skip the port".

Old 03-24-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
He said it will take 15 minutes to board Oasis, from the time you get to the terminal.

THIS I have to see!
Sandy, I'd like to see that too!

Can you imagine if they had a computer problem?

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
images, make, modal, model, models, oasis, photos, picture, prepare, ship, tender