Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Before everyone gets too happy - remember that so far I've only heard proof of this happening on one ship.

I'll be looking for it on our Grandeur cruise next week. I'll report back.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:52 AM

I agree with the pool thing..On our last cruise we met a gentleman briefly on our first day in the Windjammer at lunch time and he mentioned that his wife went to save a group of seats in the tiered section in front of the upper pool bar. Every day that we were at sea and later in the day they could be found in that same section. I believe that 45 min to 1 hr is plenty enough time to sit in the tub, shower
off and spend some time in the pool, perhaps grab a drink at the bar and return to the seat.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-10-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
The bingo before the show issue is not only for RCI... Carnival does the same thing. Instead of having to arrive for the show time, you need to be there before bingo to get good seats...

Well, isn't that just a ploy to get you in there hoping you'll spend $20-$30 on bingo. After all, your already there you might as well kill time playing bingo right? That's what they're hoping.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:55 PM

On our cruise on Freedom, they were removing the towels from chairs. There were chairs available around the pool. I wished they roped off an area for diamond members and above just as they do for their suite travelers.

Texascruise,
we will be joining you on the Majesty on july 20th. Looking forward to it.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 06-15-2009, 04:56 PM

They inforced it very well. We were saving chairs and got up to get somethign and five minutes later our stuff was bagged up and waiting by soem staff. I can't complain they did a greta job. We just got off the Liberty and the Deck Patrol certainyl did their job.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I'm sailing on the Enchantment on September (can't come soon enough; I could really use a vacation, as I'm sure we all could). That itinerary has a couple days at sea, so if I can find a chair to put my stuff on while I'm in the pool, I'll try not to spend more than 30 minutes in the pool.

I know you said this was only on one ship, but I'll see if it's on the Enchantment when I go.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 07-08-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
That itinerary has a couple days at sea, so if I can find a chair to put my stuff on while I'm in the pool, I'll try not to spend more than 30 minutes in the pool.
The chair police aren't targeting people who are in the pool and saving a chair. That's a legitimate reason to keep your things on a pool chair. They're trying to catch people who put something on a chair and then go have a meal in the dining room, or go to a class or do other activities not related to the pool area. Those folks come and go all day and expect "their" chair to be waiting for them whenever they show up. Those are the "chair hogs."

Sandy
Old 07-09-2009, 09:33 AM

Well said!

Let's see, I'll get up really early and as soon as they put the chairs out, I'll stake my claim for the entire day regardless if I'm there or not. These are the selfish "me me me" idiots this is most likely aimed at. Not the people that just save their chair for awhile during water, or short time activities.

Dwayne
Old 07-10-2009, 08:34 AM

9 a.m. usually finds me walking on the fitness track. Ever notice the chair hogs don't just save their lounger, they have to pull it several inches out of the line (antisocial? body odors? who knows) and partially onto the walking jogging track (which will be empty in another hour). I don't know why moving the lounger improves their experience but it inconveniences those who are using the track area for it's intended purpose.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 07-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't know why moving the lounger improves their experience but it inconveniences those who are using the track area for it's intended purpose.
Plus they give the runners/walkers dirty looks when they come by and have to maneuver around the chairs.

Closed Thread

Tags
bingo, carnival, chair, chairs, cruise, enforcement, freedom, hogs, pool, rci, rules, saving, seas, seats, ships