Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 09:19 AM

I've always believed smiles and thank you go a long way.

Now if we can get the people hogging chairs to believe that. I suppose many pull chairs out of line to make it easier to get on and off the chair. Sometimes there's barely any space to step your leg in between chairs.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Sometimes there's barely any space to step your leg in between chairs.
Very true. They aren't thinking, just laying the chairs out like robots
Old 07-11-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Amen, treat others as you wish to be treated. It amazes me when I end up impressing someone, just because I treated them with respect or kindness, and they explain I made them feel special. I thought we were all raised that way....I realize how lucky I am.
I was raised the same way and feel lucky too I have some common sense and respect towards others. I'd get whacked in a heart beat for being inconsiderate. I also love the feeling it gives me back when I show an act of kindness.

This older couple couldn't find two chairs together once. I noticed them walking around looking for a while. The chairs beside me had been "saved" by someone for hours. I "unsaved" the chairs for them.

Dwayne
Old 07-11-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
quote:
Sometimes there's barely any space to step your leg in between chairs.

Very true. They aren't thinking, just laying the chairs out like robots
I know what you mean! I had to get on my chair by crawling on it the last time.

Dwayne
Old 07-13-2009, 01:14 PM

I hope I'm not too late to join in this discussion. It's been many, many years since we cruised last, but I remember all too well the chair problem. However, I am now concerned about our upcoming cruise in a new way. We are treating our children to their first cruise and I want it to be perfect. On the days at sea, I would like them to experience sitting in a lounge chair on the pool deck relaxing to the sound of steel drums and the waves in the background. I would also like to be sitting and talking with my children when they experience this. So... (I know, finally a point to this long winded paragraph)... how do we get 6 chairs together without getting up at the break of dawn and skipping breakfast to make sure we get any chairs at all, let alone that many together. I'm definitely not proposing saving chairs, but I'm hoping someone has suggestions on how to make this an easier endeavor. Thanks!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-13-2009, 01:42 PM

I have another suggestion: How 'bout they make the lounges about a foot higher? Even if there are no lounges on either side, it's a real challenge for me to get off of something that low to the ground! Never had a problem until I got old)

I now mostly sit on one of the deck chairs with the separate but matching foot stool (if I can find one). Keeps my ankles from swelling. But even these are also "saved" and hoarded by some selfish people.

I saw four of them together next to one lady sitting on one chair. I asked if I could take one and she said that they were all taken - the other ladies just went to the restroom.

I sat in another chair (without a hassock) for about 30 minutes and never saw any other ladies return.

I guess I just don't understand why some people do what they do...
Old 07-13-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
lounge chair on the pool deck relaxing to the sound of steel drums and the waves in the background.
You probably would have better luck one deck up rather than right around the pool.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:14 PM

BarbH, that's a tough one, but usually one deck up there are chairs together. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can find a couple together, but 6 is going to be difficult. Good luck!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:42 PM

If the cruise lines charged for the chairs for the time that they were in the "saved" state, then I bet the # of saved chairs drops to zero. I know they can't do that (not even sure I would want them to) but until they enforce the "no saving" rules better there will people who do this...It doesn't affect me much because I rarely if ever spend time lounging in the heat... but I realize that some people really enjoy that.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Ya know we took our first Caribean Cruise in Feb all the rest were Europe or Alaska and I never knew until than how hard a chair was to find on any sea day, it was awful. I guess Europe and Alaska were too cold or something, we always got a chair. That is what turned me off to the larger ships like the Solstice but I now think it was because we were in the warm Caribean and not so much a larger ship.

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
bingo, carnival, chair, chairs, cruise, enforcement, freedom, hogs, pool, rci, rules, saving, seas, seats, ships