Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 12:15 PM

Hello all

Need a little more advice, we are booked on a 7 night western carribean cruise and have heard all about the "Cruise Compass" which will explain all the times and details regarding things the kids can do (3 and 5 year old) Any idea when we get sight of this, as it will help us plan.

Also we are looking at booking an excursion every day but RCI want my credit card details which I do not mind providing for the trips, but am worried that my tips will be deducted. I do not want this I do not wish to pre book the tips.

hope this makes sense.

Regards

Neil
Old 07-09-2009, 12:15 PM

Hello all

Need a little more advice, we are booked on a 7 night western carribean cruise and have heard all about the "Cruise Compass" which will explain all the times and details regarding things the kids can do (3 and 5 year old) Any idea when we get sight of this, as it will help us plan.

Also we are looking at booking an excursion every day but RCI want my credit card details which I do not mind providing for the trips, but am worried that my tips will be deducted. I do not want this I do not wish to pre book the tips.

hope this makes sense.

Regards

Neil
Old 07-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Administrator

There is a Cruise Compass printed for each day of the cruise. These are made daily and left in your cabin. When you first arrive aboard you'll find the Compass for that day waiting in the cabin. Then, every evening when your attendant prepares the cabin for bed he/she will leave the Compass for the next day on your bed. Additional copies can be obtained at the Guest Relations Desk. They also have smaller versions based on the kids program age groups. None of these are available prior to the cruise .

I am not sure what you mean by tips being deducted. If you pre-paid tips at booking time, they have already been added to your cruise cost. If you didn't ask to pre-pay tips they won't ask you again after the booking was made. You can add tips to your shipboard account later in the cruise (they have a form you can fill out) or you can just pay them in cash on the last day.

As for excursions - if you order them prior to the cruise RCI requires that you pay for them in full with a credit card. They will not complete the pre-purchase of tours unless you pay for them upfront. Excursions will not be charged to your shipboard account unless you buy them aboard the ship.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:26 AM

You will not board the ship without giving credit card information. You will be unable to use cash or currency onboard. RCCL is going to get your numbers so you might as well go ahead and book your excursions. There is a form to fill out if you wish to prepay the tips. I can't imagine your ending up accidently prepaying, unless your travel agent added into the cost of your cruise (and you should confirm if this was done or not). I do my tipping on the card to minimize the amount of cash I am toting with on vacation. I carry smaller bills for porters and such also a few larger to tip for staff that goes above and beyond those recommended guidelines. I wouldn't want to carry all the cash with me. Personal choice.

Also the ability to book shore excursions ends 10 or 11 days before sailing. Some popular things do fill up. If you are cruising shortly book now. They tickets say no refund but I have always been able to change if someone suggest and option that would be better.

I did snorkeling at belize. The barrier island they took us to had snorkeling from shore, a nice sandy area my non-snorkeling daughter laid out in. It was like a tiny beach. All the suggestions for Cozumel were great. What great ages to travel with kids! Have fun.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-10-2009, 08:29 AM

Also your cabin steward should introduce himself to you the first day. Confirm with him the ages of the children and those cruise compasses that are for their age should appear on your bed that night. Also the first night there is a get-together in the kid-zone where you meet the staff and hang out with your kids a little while. Kind of an orientation--check the cruise compass right away when you board and don't miss this.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 AM

If you have any question about anything once aboard the ship, you'll find that the Guest Relations Desk will always have someone there to answer them. I find that sometimes is easier to ask them than it is to find it in the Cruise Compass.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, compass, cruise, cruises, daily, find, gey, kids, line, navigator, planner, review, reviews, royal, sample