Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2004, 09:58 AM

My wife and I are sailing on the VotS in January, and we have cabin 8036. Are there any problems with people from deck 9 (with the Windjammer and the main pool) being able to look down and see our balcony? Also, are there problems with the crew washing off the deck above and getting water on our deck (maybe while we're out there)? Anything else we should know about (noise, etc.)?

Thank you!
Old 08-06-2004, 09:58 AM

My wife and I are sailing on the VotS in January, and we have cabin 8036. Are there any problems with people from deck 9 (with the Windjammer and the main pool) being able to look down and see our balcony? Also, are there problems with the crew washing off the deck above and getting water on our deck (maybe while we're out there)? Anything else we should know about (noise, etc.)?

Thank you!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:09 AM

Welcome to cruise-chat! You need not worry about the balcony on your cabin. It is not visible from the open deck above. Your cabin is situated under the pool deck. As for crew members disturbing you - again not something to worry about. When they clean (which is always it seems) crew members are very unobtrusive. You may occassionally find some water on your balcony in the early morning, but it is not bothersome. Have a great time - you are going to love your Junior Suite.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-06-2004, 01:03 PM

Your balcony will offer you complete privacy. However, I just got off the Legend of the Seas (sister ship) and was in a balcony on deck 8. We stored our surfboard covers along the glass railing and they got soaked one morning from the crew cleaning above.

They dried out with no problem, but the lesson learned was to never leave anything you might not want to get wet next to the railing on the balcony. We moved them futher into the balcony and that was the end of the problem.

BTW, the balconies are quite large compared to some ships.

Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 08-09-2004, 05:15 AM
Banned

I would not leave anything on the balcony. It gets very windy and can blow away. One morning we found the top of a bathing suit on ours that did not belong to us. We were able to find the owner. She was the one that was topless by the pool. LOL

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cabin, cabins, carribean, cruise, deck, issues, reveiw, reviews, rooms, royal, seas, vision, visions, vsion