Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 08:06 PM

We are taking oure first cruise in May. We are cruising on Majesty of the Seas. I was wondering when we go into the ports Nassau and Coco Cay do we have to find our own lunches or are they covered by the cruise ship? Any hekp would be appreciated.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:37 PM

The cruise line will provide a Barbeque lunch in Coco Cay. They own the island. You are on your own in Nassau. However; you can go back to the ship at anytime and eat lunch, and then return back to town.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:35 AM
As silly as it sounds...we really enjoy the Hard Rock Cafe in Nassau.....sitting out on the second floor balcony...people watching. There are so many choices.

< edited to change a name >
Old 04-07-2010, 08:59 AM

Hi christineken, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your up-coming cruise! Hope you'll become addicted like the rest of us There are certainly plenty of choices in Nassau, but you can always go back to the ship for lunch, too. If y'all decide to eat in port, Margaritaville, Hard Rock, and some of the others will be less expensive than the Atlantis. I strongly recommend visiting the Atlantis, but want to caution you that it is expensive to eat/drink there. There is a free beach adjacent to Atlantis (Cabbage Beach) that is a very nice beach.

Coco Cay is a really nice private island. Great place to relax and play in the water.

Have a wonderful Cruise!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:15 AM

At Atlantis be sure to take in the aquarium as it is one of the highlights there in addition to seeing the beautiful works on display as part of the hotel common area.
I agree, it is very expensive to eat there.
Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-07-2010, 08:59 PM

I prefer to go back to the ship for lunch. Usually 3 or 4 hours ashore is enough for me.

Sonny
Old 04-08-2010, 08:30 AM

Sonny, you're getting ready to set sail again Bon Voyage Is this #58?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Key West: everything within walking distance. We are doing this cruise also. We have been to the Keys dozens of times (we live in So. FL) they have tons of little bar/grill type inexpensive restaurants down there and it is a safe place to walk. For me I'd rather eat for free on the ship
Nassau: You can eat lunch before getting off the ship. Coco Cay lovely BBQ put on by the cruiseline people!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM

This I guess depends on your preference. You can leave and come back to the ship as many times as you like. Example, leave in the morning and go ashore, come back for lunch, then go back ashore in the afternoon. However, be advised you must be back onboard 30 minutes prior to sailing. They will not wait for you unless you are on an excursion that you booked through the cruise line.

As people stated, there are plenty of choices in your ports of call. The BBQ lunch in Coco Cay was great! Call me old fashioned, but I just went to the Burger King in Nassau, had the BBQ at Coco Cay, and went to the Johnny Rockets on the ship when I was in Key West.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 04-08-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
As silly as it sounds...we really enjoy the Hard Cafe in Nassau.....sitting out on the second floor blacony...people watching. There are so many choices.
Not silly at all. My cruise friends do that too. I always know where to find them. If it is a long port call I just go back to the ship for lunch, or get a real Cheeseburger in Paradise over on Blue Lagoon Island for Nassau.

While Key West isn't in the question, it was mentioned and BK in Nassau. So I wanted to pass along that the two story BK in Key West is now a Ron Jon's for those of us that like a lunch or quick snack in port. Gotta love walking from one end of Duval to the other with your mouth all set for a Whopper and find surf wear. Not!

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
200, back, calls, caribbean, carnival, cay, coco, cruise, eat, eating, free, lunch, nassau, port, ports, royal, ship