Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 04:02 PM

I am bringing three teens and am not sure if the beverage package is worth it. How does it work? One is a water drinker, the other two soda. What about smoothies and iced tea? Are they extra? Some people tell me to get the card, others tell me not to.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Administrator

The soda package only include fountain soft drinks by the glass, one at a time. So it is limited to Coke, diet Coke, Sprite, ginger ale, and they will make a cherry coke or a Shirley Temple for you. The soda stamp is on the person's cruise card, and they do check for it. It does not include smoothies which cost extra. Bottled water costs too. You can buy a bottled water package and a juice package. Look HERE for details.

Iced tea is not a bar offering, but is "free" during meal hours in the dining rooms and Windjammer buffet restaurant.

Personally I don't find the packages worthwhile, but they can be so for minors. For adults the soda package breaks even if you consume the equivalent of 3 cans of soda per day.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:34 PM

My wife gets the soda package because she drinks lots of club soda etc. As Dave said, she may not really break even although it does make it quite easy. Sometimes I will have her get me a diet coke. There is usually no problem with that if you don't order 2 or 3 at a time and are discrete. As for water, we carry it on board. We drink a lot of water and you can carry it through security or pack it in a suitcase. They do not mind. We usually buy a case and simply put it in a role on suitcase and carry it on board. We can usually use the extra suitcase to carry stuff off after the cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
beverage, beverages, buy, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruising, it, package, packages, review, reviews, royal, water, worth