Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2004, 09:09 PM

Hello All!
My husband, sister & brother in law are sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas to Western Caribbean. We leave Sept. 24th! I'm so excited. My husband & I haven't taken a holiday since 1992, and my siser & her husband have never had a honeymoon & have been married 21 years. I have already gotten some great tips from reading these messages & just wanted to say hello & thank you for the great advice so far.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:09 PM

Hello All!
My husband, sister & brother in law are sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas to Western Caribbean. We leave Sept. 24th! I'm so excited. My husband & I haven't taken a holiday since 1992, and my siser & her husband have never had a honeymoon & have been married 21 years. I have already gotten some great tips from reading these messages & just wanted to say hello & thank you for the great advice so far.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:42 AM

Hi! Welcome to cruise-chat. I am glad you have found the information helpful, so far. Having sailed on the Grandeur's western Caribbean voyage, I know you are going to have a wonderful time. Make sure you post any questions you may have on the board.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-19-2004, 05:55 AM

Thanks so much Nancy. (By the way, that's my real name too)! What stateroom were you in on the Grandeur? I'm in 3584. I have tons of questions, but will try to spread them out.
Nancy
68 Days, but who's counting?
Old 07-19-2004, 06:48 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Hi Rebel,

Mary & I have always enjoyed the ports on the Western itinerary. Make sure you check Tom Ogg’s Port Review page and read up on the ports your making. Knowing something about the ports you will be visiting will add immeasurably to your cruise experience.

http://www.portreviews.com/

Have a wonderful, memorable cruise,
Old 07-19-2004, 09:09 AM

Nancy,
More coincidences! We were in stateroom 3096 (same category, similar location, just on the opposite side of the ship). I was very pleased with both my cabin and its location. Is there anything specific you would like to know about the cabin?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-19-2004, 08:51 PM

Ok, stateroom questions...You asked for it!
Is there a fridge in the room? Should I bring my own shampoo, soap, etc.? Is there a safe? There are two twin beds which can be made into a queen right? So are there queen size sheets? Are there ice machines so you can have drinks in your stateroom? Is there a coffee maker in your room or will I have to call room service the minute I open my eyes in the morning? Can you smoke in your stateroom?
Ok, enough for now I think.. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Nancy
Old 07-20-2004, 06:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rebel:
Ok, stateroom questions...You asked for it!
Is there a fridge in the room? Should I bring my own shampoo, soap, etc.? Is there a safe? There are two twin beds which can be made into a queen right? So are there queen size sheets? Are there ice machines so you can have drinks in your stateroom? Is there a coffee maker in your room or will I have to call room service the minute I open my eyes in the morning? Can you smoke in your stateroom?
Ok, enough for now I think.. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Nancy

Okay, let's see how many of these questions I can answer :-)
First, if memory serves me correctly there are no regrigerators in category H cabins (they are provided in staterooms with balconies).

You will be supplied with shampoo and soap, but no conditioner. As an aside, the shampoo is not the best and tends to dry out my hair, so I always bring my own.

There is a safe in the room and when beds are put together, they use queen size sheets. As for ice, your cabin steward will fill your ice bucket when the cabin is cleaned in the morning and then again when they turn down the beds at night. If you need ice in between those times, call housekeeping and it is delivered.

There is no coffee maker in the room, but you can hang a room service request on the outside of your door before you retire, and it will be delivered at whatever time you specify.

You are permitted to smoke in your cabin and in designated areas throughout the ship. It is not permitted in the theater or dining room.

I think I covered everything - If anyone can confirm the refrigerator question, please share.
NancyN

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-21-2004, 07:05 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Rebel,

Congratulations on deciding to take your first cruise. You are in for a wonderful, memorable, new experience and your sister and her husband will have the chance to recapture the feelings they shared on their wedding day and look forward to having their long delayed ‘Honeymoon.’ As Mary & I say in all our reviews, “We can’t think of a more romantic, intimate way, of spending quality time with the one you love, than when cruising and this is especially true when it’s a ‘Honeymoon.’ The following is an article Mary & I wrote, that will give you some idea of what you can do as you are anxiously counting the days until embarkation. The name of the article is thins you can do “Before, During and After Your Cruise.” It has a lot of information that new cruisers have found to be helpful. We hope it does the same for you..

http://www.tomandmaryscruisereviews.com/ThingsToDo.htm

If we can help you in any way, drop us a line.
TomandMaryMilano@yahoo.com
Warm regards,

Closed Thread