Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2002, 04:19 PM

I have read alot of reveiws but still have some questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - We love to dance. Our 17 year old son and 18 year old daughter would like to be able to go with us to the clubs - is my son going to be turned away? He does not want to go to the "teen" club. We're lucky he still likes to hang with his "folks."

2 - We've read an alcohol drinking card is offered. What does this cover?

3 - Last of all, I've read in some of the reviews that Voyager offers a second week cruise for a family of four for $700 total for the family of four. Do they do this all the time?

Thanks,

Sara
Old 06-23-2002, 04:19 PM

I have read alot of reveiws but still have some questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - We love to dance. Our 17 year old son and 18 year old daughter would like to be able to go with us to the clubs - is my son going to be turned away? He does not want to go to the "teen" club. We're lucky he still likes to hang with his "folks."

2 - We've read an alcohol drinking card is offered. What does this cover?

3 - Last of all, I've read in some of the reviews that Voyager offers a second week cruise for a family of four for $700 total for the family of four. Do they do this all the time?

Thanks,

Sara
Old 06-24-2002, 01:22 PM

Hi Sara,
First: In the last year RCCL has become very strict about letting anyone under 18 into the disco at night. I was on the Radiance over Spring Break and even accompanied by parents they were making NO exceptions. There was no problem in any of the other bars/entertainment venues. On the Explorer they were also checking ID's very closely upon entry into the disco.
Second: The beverage card is NOT for alcohol, but for soft drinks - It can be purchased at any bar once you get on board and is for unlimited soft drinks for the duration of the cruise.
Finally: The $700 for 4 for 2nd week - That is a promo that is not always offered, but RCCL always has some kind of special for back to back cruises or booking a second week (If the ship is not already sailing full).

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-25-2002, 11:47 AM

This is why you need to book through a travel agent- they can find all this information for you. Or call Royal Caribbean directly.

I have heard there IS a drink card, but it is only for cheap cheap drinks.
Old 07-26-2002, 04:07 AM

There is a soft drink card. but there is also a cocktail card that covers House-well drinks, beer and wine. It's a punch card good for 4 drinks and costs I believe $45.00. You can check this at the royal caribbean web site under the FAQ's. I found out about it on another message board site "cruisecritic.com". Royal is also giving free Bon Voage parties for every sailing that they get 25 or more people registered for it. You may want to check that out on their sight too.

Sandy
Old 07-26-2002, 04:09 AM

It's good for 12 drinks not 4! sorry!

Sandy
Old 07-26-2002, 12:51 PM

That is one of the reasons I love these chat rooms- even travel agents can learn new thing! This alcohol drink card was not available on my last RCL cruise (we inquired about one) and I was only aware of a Drink Package available for groups of 30 or more good for the duration of the cruise. Thanks for posting the information and keeping all of us up-to-date!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-26-2002, 10:34 PM

As I'm writing this, the Travel Chanel has a 1 hour special on "Voyager". None of your questions have been answered, but it's a great show. Second time I've seen it. 300 man hours to prepare the midnight buffet. That sounds great. Have a great time.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:00 AM

Just returned from the Voyager. It was wonderful. Can't answer the questions about the teenagers and dancing and drinking. But I can tell you there were many young people on board and they seemed to be having a great time!
The Drink cards are great. We bought both. The soft drink card is for unlimited sodas [diet cokes]and you can use it at the bars and in the dining room. Just show it to your waiter the first night... and you are set. The Bar Drink card is good at the bars [dah!] and with the walk-a-bout drinks at the pool. Not good in the dinning room. 12 drinks $45.... house brand wine and regular beers [not Corona!] and no Ice Cream Drinks... Mud Slides were included! There is a "Wine at Dinner" deal.... I think about $100. Didn't get that one. Once on board, the "Compass" newsletter will answer all your questions.
Maureen
Old 08-05-2002, 07:23 PM

Just a note, there are Mocktail cards available for purchase too - same number of drinks - 12 for the cost of $24.95 - both our teens loved getting one of these cards for their week at sea.

Also the had the sticker on their card for the unlimited sodas.

And I love the add'l Compass card that I was able to put in my book when I headed up to the pool or elsewhere. This way I could easilk keep up with somehing, and where it was, without having to take the full 4 page compus everwhere with me - we left that one in the room.

Loved the napkin folding class, the towel folding class and the mini makeip classes. Then I would rejoin my husband back at the pool chairs.

dcd

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, card, caribbean, cruise, cruisecriticcom, cruises, drink, reviews, royal, sea, seas, taking, voyager, wine, year