Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 05:42 PM
been looking up on the prices for the oasis and the cheapest i found from december 09 till november 2010, is in january 2010.
Is there any reason for this?
Is it because of the weather?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Administrator

It is because it is a new and fabulously large ship, and so the prices are high for the first many months of bookings. It's as simple as that!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:32 PM
chris 2486 - On any brand new ship-prices for cruising are highest in her inaugural season. If you price out cruises toward the end of her first year you will find that in many cases they become quite competitive and reasonable with other ships/cruises/cruiselines.

BillyBuzzy

Montserrat Villas
Old 09-02-2008, 07:04 PM
please read the question i said why is it considerably cheaper in january only 1 month after lauch

Old 09-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
please read the question i said why is it considerably cheaper in january only 1 month after lauch
You really need to be more clear when posting. Vagueness seems to punctuate many of your posts!

January is a low time for cruises in the U.S. and so pricing follows this trend.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Administrator

January is typically low season in the industry. Comes down to supply and demand.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
quote:
You really need to be more clear when posting. Vagueness seems to punctuate many of your posts!
hi dave thanks for the response.
sorry for the way i pronouce my post but i thought this was a cruise forum not a english grammer lesson.
January is a low time for cruises in the U.S. and so pricing follows this trend.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Chris,

Sorry if I offended you. That wasn't my intention.

Cheap is a relative thing when it comes to the Oasis, so when you said January was the cheapest it still isn't necessarily "cheap" when compared to other ships cruising at the same time.

January is typically a low time for cruising from U.S. ports. A couple of factors: 1) People have spent a lot of money on holiday gifts, food, and traveling to relatives homes during December. They can't afford to cruise in January. 2) Schools typically are on vacation for two weeks in the end of December through early January. People with children can't pull the kids out of school a week after it recommenced just to cruise.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:58 AM
I have been looking into prices for the oasis of the seas, and i got a lil information since im a crown and anchor memember i was able to reserve early. If you want a view of the great central park the price in total will be 4,711 which is what i was quoted. IF you want a loft suite which i was told they only had 5 left, they were filling up very quickly the price for that is 12,500. Hopes this helps some people

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Administrator

I'm finding it hard to get excited about paying so much for the Oasis. I just looked at the June 19,2010, cruise. An inside cabin for the three of us is around $4300, and one of those "outside" cabins which have a window looking out over Central Park will run around $5000.

So with air - I figure it will cost me around $1800 by that time - the cheapest available cabin at $4300, and allowing $1500 for onboard charges (lots of ways to spend money on the Oasis), I am looking at $7600 for a 7-night cruise in an inside cabin. That is not much less than what I spent this past June for an Owner's Suite, air, and onboard charges, on the Rhapsody.

I really have to think about this some more.

Closed Thread

Tags
oasis, prices