Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Banned

We are sailing on the April 17th Mariner 7-day cruise and I was wondering which nights will be the formal nights. I'm trying to plan the week and we definitely want to eat at Portofino's and Chops, but I don't want to miss the formal nights in the dining room.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:33 AM

The first day at sea and the last day at sea are usually the formal nights on most ships. Take a look at your itinerary and if you are at sea the first day out, I guarantee you that is the formal night. Ditto if you are at sea on the last day before returning to your debarkation port.

Tom
Old 04-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Banned

Tom - Now i'm confused. I thought I read somewhere that the last night of the cruise was always casual because you have to pack your bags and have them out in the hall by 10 p.m. or so. Is my memory failing me? (That wouldn't be a big surprise!) Thanks. Adam
Old 04-04-2005, 01:24 PM

Hi AdamK,

not the last day before returning to the harbour, but the evening before, is the great formal night, almost with the chef´s dinner.
You are right, the last evening is casual, because you have to pack your baggage and put it outside the stateroom until midnight.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:24 PM

Ooops, you are correct. I was thinking the day before the last day but wrote the last day. Sorry.

Tom
Old 04-16-2005, 08:58 AM

I travelled on the Mariner during the week of Feb. 20 to the Eastern Caribbean and our Formal Nights was Monday and Friday. With Friday being the big one with Lobster on the menu.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin Drover:
I travelled on the Mariner during the week of Feb. 20 to the Eastern Caribbean and our Formal Nights was Monday and Friday. With Friday being the big one with Lobster on the menu.
Justin - Turned out you were right. Our formal nights were Monday and Friday. My biggest concern was whether I would be able to fit into my tux by Friday - but it worked out okay.

We had a great cruise. The Mariner is really impressive. The only time it seemed crowded was on Wednesday morning when all 3,000 plus passengers had to line up to go through an immigration inspection in the dining room before we could debark in St. Thomas.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:01 PM

Adam,
So glad you had a good time, thanks for reporting back to us. I hope you plan to write a review for CruiseReviews, we would love to have you share your experience.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, cruises, day, eastern, formal, marineer, menu, night, nights, rcl, royal, sea, usual, week