Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Sonny, $849 for 14 nights in a balcony cabin on a RCI ship? You may get me on a (something) of the Seas yet.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:41 PM

Rick, I think that's a great idea. You should join Sonny on the RCI in April and the next PCL booking you do, he should join you! Then compare notes and let us know how you both liked the new experience.

The cruiselines pay marketing companies big bucks to get market research. Maybe they'll supliment this little research project!

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-18-2008, 05:57 PM

Sorry Rick, but that deal is gone now. For over a week they were selling balconies for that amount. They filled the ship quickly with those prices. Air fare is as much as the cost of the cruise....

Sonny
Old 02-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Administrator

We are tied down by our son's school schedule. I can't wait until he graduates HS so my wife and I can cruise at will!
Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Sonny, I would not expect a deal like that to last long; but I would love a cruise like that. I love long cruises with lots of sea days. Air fare is what it is.

Dave, I just retired too, but my sons are all grown; so look out RCI and Carnival and Costa and HAL; I'm ready to cruise.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:01 AM
why is it so important to gain diamond status any how. I always thought going on a cruise with the same company was because there better than the rest.
Not because you can get an extra party or a few drinks or vouchers.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
why is it so important to gain diamond status any how. I always thought going on a cruise with the same company was because there better than the rest.
Not because you can get an extra party or a few drinks or vouchers. Frown
Perhaps the person going for Diamond Level also happens to like the cruise line? Diamond level has more to offer than just an extra party and coupon book. There are diamond-only discounts on cabins for one. Diamond Plus members also get invited to complimentary preview cruises, such as when Sonny got to cruise on the Freedom before it started it's regular schedule.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:12 AM
i can understand dave but is it worth all that hard earned cash

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
is it worth all that hard earned cash
Sure. To me it is. Some cruise line is going to get my money, so why not go with a line I like?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 AM

In my opinion, Royal Caribbean is better than the rest. I've cruised on some of the other lines, and decided to stay with RCCL. I cruise because I believe it's a great vacation at a great value--not for the diamond status. I believe it's WELL worth getting to the diamond status if you cruise a lot, because you can save a lot of money. On my cruise in April I saved $300 on a balcony cabin, plus I got a coupon for $225 off the price of the cruise. I wouldn't have this $525 discound if I wasn't at the diamond status. This would just be a starter for a list of perks I've received because of my status. Dave is just one cruise away from getting his diamond status, and think it would be wise for him to get there before there is a change in criteria. If Dave will be cruising with Royal Caribbean more in the future, he will save a lot of money.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
anchor, caribbean, change, changing, crown, freedom, level, proposed, rccl, review, reviews, royal, rules, rumors, seas, society