Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 04:24 AM

Returned from Adventure of the Seas on Sunday the 26th. Just a quick post to say that we were not disappointed with the Ship or the itinery. RCI ruled all the ports except for one and we had only one ship there. Did two nights prior to cruise in Old San Juan and had much of day there as well on our return as had a late pm flight home. Cruise Chat always helps out with so much info to make the cruise a success in so many ways. Thanks to all that helped me prior to the cruise.Hope to do a review when time permits; in the mean time if anyone has any questions I would be happy to help in any way that I can. Tired but HAPPY !

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-28-2009, 04:46 AM

Welcome back, Peter. Glad to hear you had a good time!

Sandy
Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 AM

Welcome back, Peter I, glad to hear it was a success I know you're tired, but once you've had a chance to sort things out, would love to hear what your favorite things were. Don't forget to book your next one, we know that makes the pain of reality a little easier Did you get to go to any fun places in San Juan, other than the touristy haunts? Best wishes, get some rest, then you can visit us again!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Welcome back Peter.
Glad you had a great time. Hope you're laundry is almost done

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 PM

Yes, Poormom, the laundry was finished Monday and me and the wife went back to work today; its back to reality now.
Penny, we stayed in a small hotel in the middle of Old San Juan for two nights called the Hotel Milano which came highly recommended. This hotel had only 30 rooms and we took one facing the street on the 4th floor. It was tastefully
decorated in late 70's fashion I think and the room was clean and maid service excellent. There was a very neat restaurant on the upper level that, in the past, served evening dinners. With the economy and all, they are only serving an elobrate contintental breakfast that was not lacking in anything one would want. We ate at two great places during our two day stay; Tio Danny's and the Parot Club and enjoyed some great food. Did an eco Bio Luminecent kayak tour on Sat night and also did the normal tourist things in and around the the old city. We did the Tug Boat snorkel in Curacao and went to Megans Beach and the did the Paradise sky ride in St. Thomas. We had been to Aruba for a week a couple of years ago so we did some shopping and went back to enjoy the ship. St Marteen was a jewlery shopping day for the wife and back to the ship. We enjoyed the more relaxed thing as opposed to go,go,go, like we usually do. Having been to St. Thomas and St Marteen before it worked out well. The beach at Meagan's was beautiful and the view from the atop Paradise Point breathtaking. All in all, just a great cruise.

Peterl

Old 04-28-2009, 08:35 PM

Just to let you know...we all had just as much fun as you did last week...well, maybe you had a little more - but you cheated.

Sonny
Old 04-29-2009, 06:18 AM

PeterI,that sounds so fantastic. I would love to be on board right now. This work thing just gets in the way. Oh, and paying off the credit cards.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:20 PM

Sonny V, what do you mean we cheated? Oh yes, we had a fine couple at our seating of 6 from Appelton, WI, enjoyed their company. Where's the cheese?

Peterl

Old 04-29-2009, 07:42 PM

Welcome back Peter!

Glad to hear you had a great cruise.

Dwayne
Old 04-29-2009, 08:50 PM

Peter1 we just got back from the same cruise,might had seen you on the ship if I known what you look like..we had a good cruise too,the only complaints we had was 2 very slow waiter's in the dining room and was not impressed with the food we ordered in the dining room.Our other 4 table mates was not impressed either.we all sent several things back over the week,we did not think it was as good as we had on other RCCI cruises.we rode the 3 wheel little cars in St.Maaten and had a blast on that tour.Did you lose electricty sat night before the cruise in your hotel?? we stayed at the Sheraton sat night and lost electric about 1am and it took them until morning to get the backup generator to run.besides that, it was a great trip.Our favorite island turned out to be Curacoa
CCL Elation 2005
CCL Pride 2006
RCCI Splendor 2006
RCCI Serenade Hawaii 2007
RCCI Serenade Alaska 2008
CCL Ecstasy 2008
RCCI AOS 2009
RCCI Voyager 2009
CCL Conquest 2010
CCL Ecstasy 2010

Closed Thread

Tags