Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2006, 01:19 PM

I am in need of "feedback" on the Adventure and the Serenade of the seas ships. We are planning on going in the spring next year, and one of the islands we are to see is St. Lucia. Several years ago I went on the trip and fell in love with St. Lucia, and just can't wait to get back.

As for the ships, If you have been on either of these ships within the last year, would you please give me your feedback pro/con. For example:
Activities
If you were there - lower cabin size
Food
Color schemes
Things to see/do on the ship

I am just torn between the two ships and I can't decide. I know the Adventure is a larger ship, and it cost less, but I don't care one way or another.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:26 PM

I would choose a Voyager over a Radiance class ship. I think most people would agree there is more to do on a Voyager class ship. The promenade deck is the biggest difference. I'm thinking about doing a membership cruise in January, which is on the Serenade. I haven't made up my mind about that yet. The Adventure is one of my favorite ships. The staff is fantastic. Either way you're going to have a great time.

Sonny
Old 11-13-2006, 09:11 AM

Hi, I have never been on the Adventure only Serenade. I would recommend Serenade, in part, due to the ports. You have 5 ports of call. Like you, I too fell in love with St. Lucia. I also love Barbados. The water is so beautiful.
So my advice is to pick the cruise by which ports interest you more, because I would bet both ships are great. This Dec will be my second time on Serenade of the Sea and I am really looking forward to it.
Good luck making your choice.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:35 PM

I have been never been on those 2 ships, however, I have been on ships in both classes. I have been on the Voyager and The Mariner (2 times) and I have been on the Radiance. There are a lot more activities to do on the Voyager class ships then the Radiance class but as I have mention to others here I chose a ship based on itenery and I recommend things from my past experinces (been on over 40 cruises since 1982. In my opinion and mine only I find the Radiance to be very romantic and I found the Voyager class ships To be event driven meaning there is lots to do but they tend to visit less ports over all. I go on cruises to enjoy both areas, ports and the events on the ship. I find over all the Radiance class meet both the best and they are not small ships either. The one thing that the Voyager class ships offered that was cool was the Ice Shows. Either way, no matter what ship you chose, you will have a great time but 5 ports and 2 of the nicest Islands St Lucia and Barbados, how can you go wrong with that verses vs 4 with 4 so-so islands not counting Puerto Rico I'd chose the Serenade myself.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-14-2006, 12:28 PM

Ceemonster, thank you for your input on the Voyager and Radiance class ships.

With your input I'm sort of leaning towards the Radiance ship. I believe the Serenade is probbly a little more "flashy", and that is right up my alley. Actually the Adventure/Serenade are running neck to neck in "my" race.

I am still needing feedback on the lower rooms, just in case we do not get an upgrade, which would be nice. I have always been in the lower rooms and found them nice, but would like to know from someone who has been on either the Adventure or Serenade. I believe the Serenade has about 5'more in the room than the Adventure, but then the Adventure is a little cheaper. So I'm really in a toss-up right now.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:54 PM

I see you still have not found alot of info on the Serenade of the Sea. I had that problem last year before we our cruise on the Serenade. I think sometimes you hear more if the ship has bad reviews. If you ask direct questions maybe I can help. I saw the question on miniature golf, yes there is a course, however not the greatest. As far as the question on cabins in the lower decks, I am unsure we were on the 10 level. The main different we saw when walking through the halls is that the halls were small in the lower level but looking in the room look very similar.I would not recommend being on the same level as the dining room because there is a lot of traffic through there.
Some general info- the process of getting from the airport at San Juan to the ship went quickly and smooth. I felt the food was good not great. The cabin attendants are great and are always ready to help if you have questions. Never used to pools, there are three total I believe. One is adults only and another is for children. Beautiful midnight buffet. Seaview Cafe great for snacks.
The only draw back to our cruise was we went the week before Christmas and there was a over 500 children on the ship, so this year we are going two weeks earlier. This year we are on deck 7 we will see if that make any difference. I do recommend a balcony room.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:33 AM

Rahmig, thank you so much for your input on the Serenade. Yes, the minataure golf was one of my questions.

My friend and I are not into Rock wall climbing, and some of the other things, so that is why I ask.

Have you been on the Adventure of the seas ship? If so, can you give me some info?

Question, about the restaurants you pay for on the Serenade, are they worth it?

I do agree with you, some people like to "complain" about things on he ship, instead of talking about the good things.

Were the toiletries in the bathroom small, like most ships?

Is there a safe in the room? Was there room enough to put your suitcase in the closet or did you have to put it under the bed?

I understand the Serenade is glitzy? We like that.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:22 AM

Brneyss,
There is hardly any difference in the cabins from a Radiance class and a Voyager class ship. All the bathrooms are small unless you have a suite. All the rooms have a safe. The big difference is the Promenade and ice skating ring on the Voyager class ships and also 50 wider than a Radiance class ships. Like I said before, I would rather be on the Adventure because of the ship, not the itinerary.

Sonny
Old 11-15-2006, 01:03 PM

ceemonster, thank you for your input. The Radiance class ships, sound like they would probably be more up my alley.

I know you haven't been on the Serenade or Adventure, but I'm still needing more input on those ships.

I understand they have a parade or something like that on the Adventure. I'm wanting to find out more about that too.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:21 PM

Actually the ice skating rink doesn't mean anything to me. I'm glad to know there is a safe in the room.

Do you know much (I have seen pictures) about the Promenade on the Adventure? I have read feedback that people who have the rooms overlooking it, aren't very happy about it, so I don't know. I understand there is a parade or something like that, that goes down it?

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, caribbean, closet, compare, difference, islands, puerto, reviews, rico, royal, sea, seas, serenade, ship, ships, yahoo