Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Labadee (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/737-labadee.html)

cold in ct 05-05-2009 05:21 AM

Hi
Is Malfini beach a must ting to do. Dose the $60 cover food and drink and if not is it a cash deal, is there food? Is the snorkeling any good and do they have equipment. Do you think teens would be bored. Or maybe recommend 'Buccaneer" sight seeing trip or the speed boat. Also when doing the speed boat do you see some of the villages on the shore?
Thanks

poormom 05-05-2009 02:29 PM

cold in CT
IMHO, you don't need to spend a dime in Labadee. It is the pristine white sand beach that sends so many of us to the Caribbean.
They rent snorkels right on the beach. The snorkeling isn't the best in the world, but there's a cessna( airplane) underwater on barefoot beach.
The barbecue is pretty good, and it's a nice relaxing beach day. The waiters are tooling around, but no where near as pushy as the other islands.
Trust me, they won't be bored.
If they are, give them a couple dollars to spend at the market. My son and his friend(both 13) had a great time bartering.
I think the speed boat does allow you to see some of the coastal villages.
If you're up early, you can see the locals coming in on the rickety little water taxi's.

poormom 05-05-2009 02:30 PM

almost forgot....make sure you climb up the rocks and listen to the dragon's breath!

cold in ct 05-06-2009 05:10 AM

Thanks
Is the water park something we can buy when we get there or have to book ahead, kids are not sure they want to do it.

peter l 05-06-2009 10:23 AM

Yes, Dragon's Breath is a nice walk and it really is a great beach day to just sit under a palm tree (get one early) and relax.

Peterl

royalcruiser 05-09-2009 05:22 AM

The zipline is amazing... If they are boys they would probably like it... its a 2500 foot line down the mountain and over the water

Berick1234 05-09-2009 06:10 AM

A great way to top off a cruise...Relax, get some sun, fun and come back next year....

Happy Cruising...

and the zipline will knock your socks off...

Bob E

poormom 05-09-2009 08:59 AM

I think anything that's not sold out can be purchased on shore.
Our boys didn't want to do the water park after they looked at it. Too many rules for 13 yr olds. They did love the zipline.
One word of advice if they do the zipline and you don't...be prepared to wait about an hour or longer before they actually fly accross the beach, as they have all the safety and practice stuff to go over.
A nice quiet time for mom and dad!

spoheat 05-11-2009 07:37 AM

In my experience the zip line WILL BE SOLD OUT long before you go ashore. We have booked parasailing, jet-skis, snorkel gear, etc. on shore. The snorkeling there is not the best, but on our first cruises we did it with the kids as "practice" for the great snorkeling we had on Cayman. Also try for a morning zip line if you do it--typically the wind comes up in the afternoon making this a. not as fun, and b. possibly cancelled for safety reasons.

fivepoints 05-23-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by spoheat:
In my experience the zip line WILL BE SOLD OUT long before you go ashore. We have booked parasailing, jet-skis, snorkel gear, etc. on shore. The snorkeling there is not the best, but on our first cruises we did it with the kids as "practice" for the great snorkeling we had on Cayman. Also try for a morning zip line if you do it--typically the wind comes up in the afternoon making this a. not as fun, and b. possibly cancelled for safety reasons.
So true about the wind. Our 11am excursion was cancelled.