Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 06:04 AM

I've read the coffee on the Rhapsody is terrible....matter of opinion, of course, but we are hooked on our own "gourmet" pot...
Old 07-18-2007, 06:32 AM

You would probably be skirting the appliance rules a little bit, but I assume you could bring a small pot with you. Just don't burn the coffee as I am sure someone would complain about the foul aroma. Enjoy... By the way, going through security, I would avoid telling them that it is Columbian coffee. Might throw up a red flag!!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:15 AM

There have been times on several cruises when I didn't think the coffee tasted very good up on the buffet. But then in the dining room it tasted fine. Then there have been other times when the buffet was just fine. On Royal Caribbean you can also buy coffee at the Seattle's Best. I don't know if bringing your own is worth taking up the room in your luggage.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:52 AM

Not a bad idea if you are a big coffee drinker. I don't think a small coffee maker is nearly a fire hazard as an iron would be. If I wanted to do that I would check with RCCL to see if there would be a violation to there safety regulations. If they allow smoking in cabins, I don't see why a coffee pot would be a problem. The only bad thing is the offensive order caused by the fresh coffee brewing in the morning; who likes that?

Sonny
Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 AM

It shouldn't be a fire hazard issue. NCL has coffee pots in the cabins on some of their ships.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:25 PM

I will check with RC, but I'm thinking my pot would be a great carry on for my husband! ha! It's a Senseo...and we're addicted to it!

Can you still take bottled water and soft drinks on? Do you check them with your luggage?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:31 PM

Senseo! Over-priced coffee pods.

You could have a similar and what I think to be much better cup of coffee by purchasing a French Press:

Bring your own coarse ground coffee and get hot water at the buffet!
Old 07-19-2007, 01:14 PM

We have a french press and I was thinking about bringing it with me on our cruise. I actually won a very nice one in a padded wooden box from a raffle at Starbucks, the wood box will protect it during travel. I wasn't sure how to get the hot water though, but obviously it would be available for tea! Duhh!

For anyone who hasn't used one before, you can get one for less than $20 even at some grocery stores. Just put the ground beans in, add the metal filter and put hot water in. It makes excellent coffee!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:34 PM

Chef Ken...the French Press looks impressive and I'm sure it makes great coffee. How many cups does it make?

As far as the Senseo...we all have to splurge on something....and we LOVE it! It's the closest thing we've found to Starbucks...after we doctor it up, that is....and lots cheaper!! We also like the one fresh cup at a time it gives us!!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:37 PM

There are a couple basic sizes, a two cupper and a four. There are probably any variation of sizes in between.

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, carnibal, carnival, carry, coffe, coffee, coffeepot, cofffee, cruise, crusie, hot, maker, pot, rccl, taking