Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2007, 10:33 AM

I just booked my cruise on the Freedom of the Seas going to Western Caribbean. I want to do some fun excursions. I would love to see some Ruins, go to an awesome beach and go on a booze cruise!
It is just my husband & I crusing and we are in our mid 20's.

Have any ideas of thins we should NOT miss?
Old 04-28-2007, 11:36 AM

hey! me and my husband are getting ready to leave tomorrow, sunday. and we are doing the submarine, ruins, snuba diving and a day at the beach. this is our first cruise also and we are in our 20's.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:33 PM

If you are going to Ocho Rios than Dunns River Falls is very fun.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:45 PM

kaylajordan let me know how you like it and what ends up being your favorite!!

I am so excited to go!!

Caribbean Dive Lodges
Old 04-29-2007, 06:08 AM
We loved parasailing, DunnsRiver Falls, would not recommend the submarine, the horseback riding was okay.
Where specifically are you going?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:03 AM

We are going to the following places:
Labadee, Haiti; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico.

I am not worried about booking excursions in Labadee and maybe not even Grand Cayman. I have heard there are fab beaches and nice beach bars in Grand Cayman.

I am more worried about Ocho Rios and Cozumel. FYI I don't ride horses (bad experience on my honeymoon - horse feel ON ME)

Thanks in advance!!

Caribbean Dive Lodges
Old 04-29-2007, 10:07 AM
In Cozumel....if you want to go to a very nice Mayan ruin...book a trip to Tulum....the only Mayan ruin that is right on the ocean...it's a half day trip but very well worth it....Enjoy your Cruise....

Bob
Old 04-29-2007, 10:22 AM

Need a vacation,
We have the same itineary in May. Our plans are as follow:
Labadee- Beach day, play some volleyball and the family olympic games, maybe do the zip line if open.

Ocho Rios-Dunn's river fall and the river tubing then to Margaritaville and Dave's for lobster maybe.

Grand Cayman- Straw market for the wife and Seven mile beach. However, Stingray city last year was alot of fun. You get a little time to snorkle then you get to swim with the Stingrays.

Cozumel- Probably the Eco Jeep and Snorkling excursion.
We might rent a car/jeep and do the island on our own. Two years ago, we rented some mopeds and drove around the beaches. Stopping to snorkle once. It was alot of fun. Some people will not recommend the mopeds, too dangerous they say. Oh well, I did not know that then and had a blast.

Once you get your documents, you will be able to see a whole differet arrays of excursions inside the spiral book. Must do the doc dance . You may see some excursions that you would like better. Happy Sailings

Just noticed, I'll be getting of the ship the day you board.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-29-2007, 11:37 AM
We did this cruise years ago. Labadee is privately owned. At the time we did parasailing there...now I hear they're getting a zipline!!! Anyway it is a private beach owned by the cruise company. There aren't other things to do there...other than snorkel, sunbathe, eat a terrific bbq drink fancy drinks with umbrellas.
Ochos Rios...get a cheap cab, bring your own Walmart watter shoes to do Dunns River Falls. They have lockers you can rent cheap, bring a water-camera...have a great time. We paid quadruple the price booking this excursion through the cruiseline. Other than Dunns River Falls- be careful walking the streets of Jamaica guard your wallet and don't buy drugs when offered.Grand Caymen I heard the stingrays was good. The weather was too windy when we were there so it was cancelled. We did the submarine- would not recommend it. Cozemel had a lot of walking shops...the horse excursion was fun....but I know what you mean about a bad experience. We just got back from Alaska where my husband's horse fell...spooked by a dog...and he hurt his hip.
Have a wonderful trip!

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, caribbean, carribean, excursion, excursions, experience, freedom, honeymoon, land, review, reviews, royal, seas, shore, western