Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2005, 05:25 AM

Hello,
we're planning to cruise the Voyager of the Seas next year. We think about staying at the Promenade View Cabin.

Anyone cruises in that kind of cabin and can tell me how it was?

Is it noisy? Do you hear people in the promenade?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Best regards
Rene
2005 - Legend of the Seas -- Transatlantik
2006 - Voyager of the Seas -- Transatlantik
2008 - MSC Opera -- Nordland
2008 - MSC Orchestra -- Westliches Mittelmeer & Kanarische Inseln
Old 07-01-2005, 10:17 AM

Hello, we were on Explorer last june. We meet some people who had a promenade view cabin. They just said that most of the time they could not even have the curtain open, cause they were changing/showering, or trying to sleep. That is all they mentioned. Personally I don't think I would like the room, for the potential noise/lack of privacy. Good luck, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-01-2005, 07:24 PM

Hello Reneham,
We stayed in a Promenade View or (Atrium View) room on the Voyager and loved it! in fact loved it so much that we have another one booked on the Explorer, in the next few months. We had no problem with noise the only noise that we heard was when they were changing a flag outside the window.Yes you can see in the cabins across the Promenade and they can see in yours, so don't run around in your birthday suit!And when you don't want anyone to be able to see in just keep the curtians closed. Kinda like your livingroom at night with the lights on and people can see in at home. We Really like the window seat in front of the bay window we both did some people watching while waiting for the other one to get ready. Also can see the Parade from there too.I am one of those funny people that do not like the balacony cabins yep that is what I said do not like them. Don't like the fact that I have the ocean that close just outside the door. I know it is anyway but..... So the Atrium view rooms are great for us as I think you do not feel as closed in as in other inside cabins since there is a window. I would highly suggest a Promenade View cabin we love them.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:10 PM

I agree with Flossie, but would suggest that you book one on Deck 7 or 8 and avoid those on deck 6. I have heard there is some residual noise on Deck 6, but 7 and 8 were fine.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:49 AM

EnjoyLife, we stayed on the 7th deck last time in a Promenade room this cruise we will be on the 8th. Maybe more noise the closer you get to the Promenade?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:55 AM

Unless the Promenade room and view of the parades, people, mall area attract you, you might consider paying a little more for an oceanview room. I'd consider a Promenade on 8th, just to have a window as an option from inside stateroom, but an oceanview room always gives you a view of the ocean and outside. The other great factor of an oceanview vs. Promenade is you don't have to worry about anyone else looking in, as you would @ Promenade.

We have stayed in Oceanview on 2nd and 3rd floor and have loved it! Every time we're in the room, even when going to bed and waking up in middle of a.m., I'd always look outside to see the water and ocean! It makes it so much more real and exciting!

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cabins, cruise, deck, explorer, ocean, promanade, promenade, promendade, reviews, seas, stateroom, view, voyager, window, worth