Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 06:37 AM

I just went ahead and booked the Radiance for seven of us for Thanksgiving. My son just asked me if the food choices for kids (such as pasta, chicken nuggets, pizza and that kind of thing) will be available in the main dining room? How about in other areas too? Their only family experience was on Carnival Spirit, and they were very satisfied with the food choices for kids. Will this be similar? Thanks for feedback?
Ellie
Old 04-06-2009, 08:30 AM

Congratulations, SD Cruiser, great way to spend Thanksgiving! Yes, they will have children selections, and will try their best to fix anything the children want. There are hot dogs and hamburgers, pizza, and all kinds of stuff on the buffet. I hope you can encourage your son to try some of the "grown up" items on the menu, too. Great way to introduce them to untraditional dining options, and broaden their pallet. Best of all, you don't have to cook!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:32 AM

Thanks, again, Penny for your help. My grandchildren will be glad for these food choices. I had not been clear in my post on who wanted to EAT the kiddie food. My son was asking me on behalf of his three young children (my grandchildren) who will also be with us.
Ellie
Old 04-06-2009, 12:04 PM

I still would let them look at the "adult" selections, they can always try an entree and if they don't like it, get something else. I know my choices weren't varied when I was young, so I didn't get to try many new things until I started cruising. I have tried a lot of things on board that I would never order out, because I'd have to eat it in a restaurant. There are definitely things I'm not crazy about, but there are some items I'm glad I was able to try. I know y'all will have fun!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Administrator

I've been at a table where adults ordered from the kid's menu. All the guy wanted one night was a plate of spaghetti, and a hot dog on another night.

When our son was on his first cruise (20 months old) we ordered appetizers from the main menu to see what he would try. We found that he liked the conch fritters (this was the Celebrity Century), and also a couple other things. He wouldn't eat the sweetbreads though, but that was fine because I love them and took care of his plate.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:18 AM

The kids menu also got some mileage as origami with some of our servers, it being made of paper. Our youngest entertained herself drawing on it too (we brought a pen to dinner). She once ate chicken nuggests 7 days straight. Well, bad parenting I am sure but it was her vacation!
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
chicken, kids, nuggets, rccl