Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 06:49 AM

I do enjoy having a Coke or two a day and so does my wife. Where can you purchase this on board? Are there shops on the ship that sell it in cans, or bottles? Can you only buy it at the various lounges or restarants? I had hoped to bring a case onboard when we 1st gt onto the ship in Miami. It this considered to be to much? Also if there is a place to purchase cans or bottles onboard what kind of price do I expect to pay? I am not a fan of drinks from the soda fountain, quite often it tends to be more ice than anything else. Anyone?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-08-2009, 09:43 AM

I do not think the Coke card is a good value unless you drink about 5 can a day.We like to travel with an empty roll along carry-on bag.Once in our port of departure we stock it with Dr Pepper and Coke and flavored water.The cabin steward is more than happy to empty out the room fridge and we stock it ourselves.Then we use the empty carry-on for any souvieners we buy in port.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 AM

I agree, unless you really drink a great deal of soda each day, it's not that much of a savings.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:46 PM
If you do not like soda fountain then there is no question. I personally think the package is worth the money,It stops me from drinking to much beer?.
Most bars serve the soda by the glass. Dont quote me but i think it was around $2:50.
If your concern is to much ice then just ask for none. Simple!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 PM
I have always said that for an adult, the soda stamp is a real waste of money. They give you a small cooler-mug, that when filled with ice, barely holds 5oz of soda. Pass on the stamp, and just buy soda by the can-I'd expect to pay about $2.25 per can, and you can get one at all bars, and at the pool deck bars.
The soda stamp is a total waste of money, and, in my opinion, a rip off.

Need some cruise help?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:38 PM

I agree on the others... pass on the soda stamp. You have to drink 4 or 5 glasses of soda a day (you only can get glasses of soda with the stamp) to make it break even. If you have wine or other bevvies for dinner or at the theater, then its hard to drink that much soda. You are better off buying it ala cart. IF you can manage to bring a few cans on board then that is even better. We bring a few 1 liter bottles with us. Those can be resealed and you can get several glassfuls out of one bottle (use the ice and the glasses in your cabin) A whole case might be pushing your luck though... its really not worth the hassle.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Administrator

If you buy a soda (without the soda stamp) you get a can of soda and a glass of ice. When you use the soda stamp you get bar fountain dispenser soda. RCI also puts a few cans of Coke products in each cabin, which they will charge you for if you use them.

My advise - if you are a one or two can per day man, just buy them by-the-drink at a bar and forget getting the soda stamp. You'll be glad you did.

Closed Thread

Tags
beverage, board, card, caribbean, caribbeancan, carribean, coke, cruise, day, line, norwegian, package, pass, purchase, royal, soda