Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 07:13 AM

We've been married for a little over a year & I'm trying to plan a cruise for my husband & myself... plus 4 other newlywed couples. I can't decided between the Liberty of the Seas or the Freedom of the Seas. We were thinking to go in August of 2010 to the Western Caribbean. Has anyone been on both and can favor one over the other!?
*ALSO: where can we get the best deal? Should we purchase cruises from the Royal Caribbean website or can we get a better deal elsewhere? Money is an issue, but we have a year to save.
Pleas help!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:13 AM

We've been married for a little over a year & I'm trying to plan a cruise for my husband & myself... plus 4 other newlywed couples. I can't decided between the Liberty of the Seas or the Freedom of the Seas. We were thinking to go in August of 2010 to the Western Caribbean. Has anyone been on both and can favor one over the other!?
*ALSO: where can we get the best deal? Should we purchase cruises from the Royal Caribbean website or can we get a better deal elsewhere? Money is an issue, but we have a year to save.
Pleas help!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:50 AM

Hi TBorgstrom, welcome to Cruise-Chat. SonnyV is our resident RCI expert. He's sailed on all of their ships, many times. He came back from a recent cruise on the Liberty and said he had a new "favorite" ship. That's really high praise! Hopefully, he'll see your post and reply.

My best advice is to find a reputable travel agent that specializes in cruises. They are able to find you the best prices and will work in your interests.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:33 AM

Actually, it was the Independence that's my new favorite ship. My second favorite is the Mariner. The reason is the food and the staff. If you blind folded me and put me on any of the Freedom Class ships, I would have a hard time figuring out which one I was on. My advice would be to book the one with the best price. Prices are usually higher during the summer months. I also prefer the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I always check for deals on RCCL's site. If I see a no-brainer, I call my travel agent.

Sonny

Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM

Sorry, Sonny, I thought it was the Liberty. Oh my, too many "of the Seas"
Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi Tborgdstorm!
Me and my family and they young friends went last year on Liberty of the Sea. They all love so much that my daughter decide to get married on Liberty this June. We all highly recommended. It is a beautiful ship and lots of fum for young and old. You will love it!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:28 PM

Tis O.K., Penny. I have trouble remembering which "of the sea" I've been on too. Only thing I remember for sure, is which cruise line I've been on.

Sonny

Old 04-21-2009, 05:08 AM

Well it seems both ships have great reports!

Thank you Looks like a win-win situation either way!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 AM

I've been on both ships & they are really pretty much the same. Both times I did the western caribbean which I just love. My friend just came back from the eastern caribbean & wasn't overly impressed with the ports & wish she had done the western instead.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-22-2009, 08:49 PM

I prefer the Eastern itinerary. I enjoy renting ATV's in ST. Maarten, and the great beaches in St. Thomas. The last two cruise were back to back, so I got to do both Eastern and Western—that's the perfect scenario.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, freedom, independance, independence, liberty, librity, line, rc, royal, seas, versus, vs