Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 07:43 PM

I am going on a 3 Day cruise from April 18- April 21, 2008 leaving from Los Angeles and going to Ensenada, Mexico on the Monarch of the Seas. I'm confused about the dress though. I looked on Royal Carribbean's website and read what they classified as "casual." I was going to wear some cute, dressy bermuda shorts that go to my knee with some heels and a dressy shirt or cami. Will that be okay? Also, if anyone could help me, will it be warm enough for that type of dress? Or, do I need to take pants and long sleeve shirts with me?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Hello sweet_tn_angel, and welcome to cruise-chat;

I don't know anything about RCI's dress code; but if you are not going any farther south than Ensenada, you might want to take a light sweater of jacket as it could be cool.

Have a great cruise.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:16 PM

I will keep that in my and take a jacket or sweater then. I tend to be cold natured anyways!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:19 AM

The last I knew, shorts were not allowed in the dining room at dinner time, just breakfast and lunch. Maybe they're more relaxed on 3 day cruises? However, if you're cold natured to begin with, you might want to reconsider and bring slacks and a nice top for the dining room, as well as a light sweater or jacket. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:01 AM

Short three day cruises do tend to be pretty lax. However; for dinner I would bring slacks, a sundress, or capris.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:04 AM

We just returned from the Liberty of Seas. On this newer, more luxurious ship people were more dressed up on formal nights than I was used to seeing on other RCCL cruises in recent years. It was fun to see.

In re: Bermudas: I wore dressy (black with white pinstripes) bermudas that came the knee (longer than some people's skirts) with heels and a dressy T, jewelry, etc. I have worn them on 3 cruises now to the dining room in the evening NOT on a formal night, and I felt very comfortable and appropriately dressed. Shorts are not allowed in the dining room but I felt this was an outfit, not playwear. No one will stop you in any event, it's just if you feel comfortable, and you will. 3 days cruises tend to be more casual even than then 7+ cruises.
2004 Navigator of Seas
2005 Explorer of Seas
2006 Mariner of Seas
2007 Navigator of Seas
Old 03-10-2008, 07:24 AM

I agree with F-Mattox on this, if you are a person that tends to get cold easily, bring a nice sweater. My wife has to wear one in the ship (the theater and dinning room sometimes) because it is normally kept pretty cool in the ship.

I don't think they would say anything if you wore "dress" Berumda shorts. Especially if you had heels and a dressy shirt. But it wouldn't hurt to bring a pair of slacks or something in case you find the dinning room is too cold.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-10-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spoheating:
We just returned from the Liberty of Seas. On this newer, more luxurious ship people were more dressed up on formal nights than I was used to seeing on other RCCL cruises in recent years. It was fun to see.

In re: Bermudas: I wore dressy (black with white pinstripes) bermudas that came the knee (longer than some people's skirts) with heels and a dressy T, jewelry, etc. I have worn them on 3 cruises now to the dining room in the evening NOT on a formal night, and I felt very comfortable and appropriately dressed. Shorts are not allowed in the dining room but I felt this was an outfit, not playwear. No one will stop you in any event, it's just if you feel comfortable, and you will. 3 days cruises tend to be more casual even than then 7+ cruises.
Thanks so much for that information. It really helps!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:23 AM

Sweet_tn_angel,
welcome to cruise chat. I just came back from a short 3day cruise on the Sovereign, a sister ship. The dress code was very lax, too lax. This was the first time I saw a guy wearing a hat, a t-shirt with the sleeves cut-off, a pair of shorts and sandals. Nothing was said to him. I am not saying that dressing like that would be ok, but what you described sounds fine. Remember you will have one formal night on a three day cruise. But the dress code is not as dressy as on longer trips. If I am not mistaken the gentleman was wearing the above attire on formal night.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-10-2008, 06:13 PM

That is just stinky. I have also seen tattered cargo shorts and T-shirts in the dining room in the evening. The rationale seems to be "I paid for this vacation so I am going to do what I want". Part of the fun for our family is being festive, dressing more "fun" or caribbean than we do in Minnesota. It's not like you can't wear whatever to eat elsewhere on the ship if the dining room requirements are too constraining, or maybe a resort on Mille Lacs Lake would be a better option for this guy's vacation: he can take his fishing rod and bait to dinner to match his outfit. Oh oh, did I just sound like a snob?
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
bermuda, carnival, code, cruise, cute, day, dress, dresscode, dressing, dressy, ensenada, freedom, marinerofseas, outfits, seas, shorts