Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 04:07 AM

I'm not using a travel agent to book.
Always booking through RCCL myself.
So I will have 100$ onboard credit for every cruise booked within 3 years?

Best Regards,
Old 06-25-2007, 04:45 AM
Hopefully next time I will be able to take advantage of this deal.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-25-2007, 07:28 AM

Thanks for the welcome Neil.

I am looking forward to posting my impressions of AOS and also comparing our HAL sailings with RCI.

Jim
Old 06-25-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I'm not using a travel agent to book.
Always booking through RCCL myself.
So I will have 100$ onboard credit for every cruise booked within 3 years?
Nope, Jr, only the next sailing and only if it's booked within 3 years. When you do the next sailing you can repeat the process onboard that ship.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-25-2007, 12:00 PM

Here's how it works: While you're on board a Royal Caribbean ship you can purchase a "NEXT CRUISE BOOKING". You pay $100 per person and they give you a booking number. When you use that booking number you will have the amount you payed knocked off the price of the down payment. When you board the ship on your next cruise you will have an on board credit. Before RCCL had this new program, you had to book a cruise and pay the full down payment in order to qualify for the on board credit. Most of the cruises I take are 7 nighters. I get a hundred dollar credit for the next cruise booking and another $100 for being a stock holder with RCCL. That's $200 I get back from RCCL on every 7 night cruise. Kind of makes it easy to understand why I only book RCCL, don't it? Oh yeah, besides those perks, I get $200 off the price of a balcony cabin. All Diamond members get that perk. Just 10 cruise credits and you're a diamond member; 24 cruise credits gets you to a Diamond Plus member. There's not to many more perks for that catagory. Another thing, if you book a Suite you'll get 2 cruise credits. A 12 night cruise will get you 2 cruise credits also.

Thanks Neil, for informing people about the Crown and Anchor Society. Gees, I thought everyone knew about it.

Sonny
Old 06-26-2007, 03:53 AM
My TA signed me up for the C&A a while ago but I haven't heard anything yet I guess it takes a while.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-27-2007, 01:03 PM

So if I pay $100 per person onboard in the "book-another-cruise" desk, I get a booking-number I can use later on with my travel agent, to choose my next cruise together with my TA?
My TA will then knock $100 dollars per person of the price, and I will then have $100 credits onboard per person, or $100 i total?
Are these $100 credits transferred to my SeaPass so I can use them that way?
Sonny, you say you get $100 dollars extra from the C&A, are they also transferred to the SeaPass?
And is this per person credits?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:15 PM

If you haven't heard from the C&A Society, call them and make sure that you have properly been registered. It really is one of the best "past cruiser" societies that I have ever been affiliated with. On my last cruise, I enjoyed the captain's reception and other nice perks. I received a very nice picture frame on my bed one night. Upgrades are very nice when available. Two people in front of me at the guest services desk inquired about upgrades and they were told that the ship was full. Throwing caution to the wind, I inquired about an upgrade and slept in a balcony room that night. By the way, make sure that you register your spouse as well. It was humorous to get an invitation to the captain's reception and only my name was on it.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:25 PM

The $100 cruise credit is per cabin, not per person. The credit is applied to your seapass invoice. We use our cruise credit toward the tips at the end of the cruise. If you go to the Guest Relations Desk you can get cash for your cruise credit.

Upgrades: I had 30 cruises with Royal Caribbean before I ever got an upgrade. Even as a Diamond Plus member it's not easy. If I book an inside cabin, I can only be upgraded to an outside oceanview. If I book an Outside cabin, I can be upgraded to a balcony cabin. To get upgraded to a suite, I have to book a balcony cabin. Of course, there has to be available cabins in order to get upgraded. When I was on the Explorer in May I was told there were 4 people that had more cruises thaIn myself. They would get the upgrade before I would. I did book a balcony cabin, and lucky for me there were enough suites available that I got upgraded. I talked to a man that had 89 cruises (the most of anyone on that cruise) and he didn't get an upgrade because he booked an inside cabin on that cruise. There were no outside cabins available for him to be upgraded to. I know if I'm upgraded about two weeks before my sail date. Before I was a Diamond Plus member, I would ask about an upgrade when I got aboard the ship. I was always told the ship was full; I knew better.

Sonny
Old 06-27-2007, 05:07 PM

Do you guys have to ask many times to get an upgrade if unoccupied cabins, or do they come and ask you?
OK, so actually you need to be an C&A member to get the possibility to get into the C&A-lounge just to book on board?
Booking on board avaiable from the 2.cruise with other words

Actually, I think booking a suite gives you 1 credit but a 12-days cruise gives you 2 cruise credits.

Closed Thread

Tags
100, book, books, caribbean, coupon, cruise, cruisers, onboard, rci, time