Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 06:34 PM

I just got back from a cruise on the Vision of the Seas doing the Mexican Riviera. Even though there was a hurricane brewing when we left, the cruise was very enjoyable. I am working on a MEGA review of the experience, but suffice it to say that the Vision is one of the best managed ship afloat (in my opinion). Captain George is simply awesome, as is the staff beneath him. The Cruise Director, John Blair is clearly one of the most talented cruise directors in the business. I would recommend this cruise to anyone, (well almost) I will post a message when the review is done.

Tom
Old 10-11-2005, 06:34 PM

I just got back from a cruise on the Vision of the Seas doing the Mexican Riviera. Even though there was a hurricane brewing when we left, the cruise was very enjoyable. I am working on a MEGA review of the experience, but suffice it to say that the Vision is one of the best managed ship afloat (in my opinion). Captain George is simply awesome, as is the staff beneath him. The Cruise Director, John Blair is clearly one of the most talented cruise directors in the business. I would recommend this cruise to anyone, (well almost) I will post a message when the review is done.

Tom
Old 10-11-2005, 08:04 PM

Welcome back, Tom! It sounds like you really like the Vision and its staff. I look forward to reading the review.

Sandy
Old 12-24-2005, 09:13 AM

Just got back from the Mexican Riviera cruise as well. My wife and I travelled on the Vision from Dec 4 thru Dec 11. I had never travelled by ship before, but have extensive experience travelling otherwise. My wife enjoyed the cruise for the most part, I however was dissapointed completely. I found the cruise to be ultimately boring. The ports of call were dirty and unfriendly (especially Cabo San Lucas!) The ship was small, and we found that due to lack of use in the evening, most of the ammenities were closed (ie: pool, hot tubs, etc.)The cruise director was unprepared and unprofessional. The cruise was populated mostly by elderly people. The dress code in the dining room was a farce, as people were wearing baseball hats and t-shirts on formal night. The stateroom (at least the one we had, #4086) was a glorified travel camper. I never spoke to a single person at the purser's desk who knew what they were doing, and couldn't answer even the simplest questions (like "can I close out my account in cash early?")I thankfully did not pay for this cruise as it was a gift, but I still wish I hadn't gone at all. I am 32 years old and I don't believe these types of cruises are for anyone under 70. To anyone considering going on a cruise I would say, save some money and a lot of sanity, and go somewhere else like Las Vegas.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RG:
Just got back from the Mexican Riviera cruise as well. My wife and I travelled on the Vision from Dec 4 thru Dec 11. I had never travelled by ship before, but have extensive experience travelling otherwise. My wife enjoyed the cruise for the most part, I however was dissapointed completely. I found the cruise to be ultimately boring.

RG, I'm really sorry to hear you didn't like the cruise. It's interesting that you said your wife liked it. What did she do onboard that didn't interest you, such that you found it boring but she didn't?

You said the cruise was a gift. Was this specific ship and cruise line a specific gift, or were you asked to choose whichever ship you wanted? I'm curious because one of the main reasons people don't enjoy cruises is because they were not matched up with the right cruise line and ship for THEM, their likes and dislikes, their lifestyle, preferred itinerary, etc.

Maybe you'll give cruising another try some day, as there is usually a very high satisfaction rate. I hope you offered your comments on the ship's comment card; they do read every one of those cards and use them to help improve their product.

Sandy
Old 12-24-2005, 08:43 PM

Ports of call dirty and unfriendly?
I dont know where they took him, but I loved Cabo , and thought it to very clean and friendly.
Mazatlan was a little dirty in the city, but once you got out to the tourist areas(beaches) I really liked it, and the people were nice there too. Puerto Vallarta was what I invision Mexico to be like, and it was really a fun place to visit, and again, the people of these cities were nice to us.
So I guess I need to know why RG was so disappointed in these stops in more detail.

Art

Closed Thread

Tags
blair, cruise, director, john