Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 02:41 PM
what are the chances of asking politely at checkin for an upgrade? Or should I bother, dont mean to be cheeky but thought it would be great, an ocean view would do we have an inside cabin booked on the 6th floor on Liberty.

Dont want to come across obnoxious or anything and would prefer not to ask if it would be frowned upon.

thanks
Old 06-18-2008, 02:41 PM
what are the chances of asking politely at checkin for an upgrade? Or should I bother, dont mean to be cheeky but thought it would be great, an ocean view would do we have an inside cabin booked on the 6th floor on Liberty.

Dont want to come across obnoxious or anything and would prefer not to ask if it would be frowned upon.

thanks
Old 06-18-2008, 03:08 PM

There is nothing wrong in asking at all. However; now days the answer is always the same--"Sorry but the ship is full." If you have your heart set on a particular cabin it is best to book in that cabin. If you aren't particular about the cabin, then book in the cheaper guarantee and hope for an upgrade. Generally upgrades stay within the same category (inside to inside, outside to outside); they just go up in decks. Occasionally though some people do luck out and get great upgrades to different categories.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks! Im pretty ok on deck 6 though am I? Its towards the front of the ship
Old 06-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Administrator

quote:
Im pretty ok on deck 6 though am I? Its towards the front of the ship

No worries. Deck 6 is fine. If you are worried about motion, don't be. Generally you can't tell the difference from a forward cabin to an aft or centered one. A good thing about Deck 6 is you are just a stairway from the action on the promenade. No need for elevators.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:50 PM

Make sure you keep tabs on the price of the oceanview stateroom category. A few weeks ago, our family had a little reunion on the Monarch of the Seas. I checked the stateroom fares EVERYDAY. One day, I checked and the large OV room, had lower in price quite a bit. It was now the same price as the smaller OV room I had originally book for my parents. I immediately called, and upgraded them the the larger OV, for the price I originally paid for the smaller OV room. With no extra money out of pocket. So, they got an upgrade for free. After about 2 days, the larger OV rooms went back up in price, even more expensive then what they originally were. Also, that same time frame when the room price dropped, our cabin category dropped $60, I called and got a credit card refund. Also, our price for our Freedom cruise, dropped $700 dollars, and Princess cruise also dropped $150. Both times, we got a credit back onto our credit card. If you booked via a travel agent, call them and have them get the refund for you, that's what I had to do for our Princess cruise. So, they do drop the prices of the room category. I know it might be a pain in the butt to check everyday, or a couple times day, but it has sure paid off for me, 3 times, $910 worth. I generally check a couple times a day, when I am off work, otherwise, I check before and after work. Well, good luck fare hunting. I'm childless by choice, so I have quite a bit of spare time. Sorry, I kinda got carried away, just trying to give you some tips. Good luck! Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-18-2008, 07:19 PM
We went on the Voyager of the Seas last year with an inside cabin...got on the ship and it turned into an outside window...MAGIC...Good luck.....Happy cruising...

Bob E
Old 06-19-2008, 09:03 AM

One thing you may also want to ask upon check in is the availability of handicapped balcony suites. We have asked upon check in and on two different cruises they were available each time for very little difference. The clerk told me that they have to keep them open until sailing to accomodate handicapped guests, and at sailing day they are released if not booked.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination