Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 08:10 PM

I haven't cruised on RCCL since Nov of 2000 on Voyager Of The Seas. I am a fan of Carnival, sailing on their ships 15 times, and only 3 time on RCCL. This is a 11 day cruise and my question is, what to expect from RCCL vs Carnival. We have a balcony room and have selected early dinning. Any comments on the alternative resturants, buffets for breakfast and lunch, food in general, entertainment, etc. Do they have a 24 hour pizza place and 24 hr ice cream machines? I really liked the avilability of the free ice cream machines and 24 hour pizzaria on the Carnival ships (which Princess does not have). This will be my 22nd cruise and my wife's 25th, so we are not real newbies but we can alway use input from someone who has cruised on a particular ship before us. Thank you for any info you have.

Free Cruise Clocks20 + cruises going for 30
Old 08-14-2008, 11:03 PM

Should be interesting to see how you compare RCCL to Carnival. Your question on what to expect from RCCL vs Carnival depends on whom you're asking. My reply would be that you should expect more than what you're use to on Carnival; but, I've been on over 40 Royal Caribbean ships and only one Carnival ship. You won't find ice cream machines in operation 24 hours a day, but if you need an ice cream fix in the middle of the night, there's always room service. I've been on the Jewel several times and consider it my favorite "Radiance" class ship. I don't know if you're going to find the food and entertainment any better than what you're use to on Carnival, but from what I hear from others, you and your wife certainly won't be disappointed. Please come back to Cruise-Chat after your cruise and let us know.

Sonny
Old 08-19-2008, 10:29 AM

The Jewel is a beautiful ship. You can get soft serve ice cream while the Windjammer (buffet) is open and pizza in the Solarium Cafe usually in the afternoon and later in the evening. When the solarium cafe is open they make fresh crepes, which are yummy. You'll have to check the the compas for their hours of operation. Dont miss the Seaview cafe on deck 12 just above the Windjammer.

Fantasy - Bahamas 4/96
Rhaposdy OTS - S Caribbean 11/97
Jewel OTS - Europe 9/07
Mariner OTS - Caribbean 10/08

Closed Thread

Tags
canal, carnival, comments, cream, cruise, hour, ice, jewel, jewelcruiseshippanama, panama, pizza, princess, recent, reviews, sea, seas