Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 06:42 AM

Hi! PLEASE HELP!!!We are going on the Adventure of the sea in about 3 weeks. I'm the one who is trying to figure out things we should not miss out on. There is 9 of us 5 adults 4 kids ages 8-85. Things that I have highlighted are ST Lucia the Pirates Extravaganza, St John Tour, Tiki Hut Snorkle in St maarten.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:07 AM

Welcome to Cruise Chat, Naquin... I do not have kids so it's hard for me to understand your plight. The one bit of advice that I have for you would be to visit Trunk Bay in St. John. It's great for all ages and the beauty of the place will be a joy to remember. I can spend all day there and never get bored. If you can't find something that you want to do in St. Lucia, there are plenty of very nice all inclusive resorts that offer day passes for a fee.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:17 AM

Thank you. Do you have a suggestion for St Maarten.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:52 AM

Hi Naquin, welcome to cruise chat. The St. Lucia Pirates Extravaganza should be the excursion that takes you on a pirate ship to Pigeon Island. Pigeon Island is really nice, for the youngsters and those that like to venture, you can climb to the top of the mountain and look out from the old fort for a beautiful view of St. Lucia, Martinique, and some beautiful water. There's a nice beach there with shade available, a place to get some food or drinks, great water but not much snorkeling. It's a fun excursion. I second drlivngston's recommendation for Trunk Bay, it is beautiful. White sand beaches, beautiful warm clear water (unless there's a storm), a self-guided snorkel trail about 50 yds. from shore and all the ammenities you need. The snorkeling in St. Maarten isn't that good, but it is snorkeling and I love to snorkel. There's a real nice beach close to where you dock. Orient beach is clothing optional and some of the unclothed do walk down to the clothed area, just so you're aware. The last time we were there, we did the America's Cup Racing, which was a blast. A bunch of tourists crewing a racing yacht. St. Maarten is good for shopping. It's an interesting island, half dutch, half french. You're in for a wonderful adventure! Best wishes.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM

St Maarten is wonderfull especially if you do a sea trip. With the group you have you could have a small catamaran all to yourselves to snorkel, beach etc., cheaper than individual tours. Check out the following linkBrazilian nut
Old 07-23-2007, 03:22 PM

If you have never been to that region of the caribbean, you are in for a treat. The scenery is magnificent and it seems like a Kodak moment every time you turn around. It's just difficult to believe that somewhere that is so beautiful can be so poverty stricken. That being said, I agree that ship excursions can be a bit pricey. In sight of the fact that you are travelling with children, you also have to be aware of safety concerns. RCCL is very careful about who they allow to handle their shore excursions. You can trust their choices. Going it alone on the islands is fun and easy, and I have done it a gazillion times, but not without certain hazards. Remember, there is strength in numbers. Stick together and avoid "the road less travelled."
Old 07-23-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
If you have never been to that region of the caribbean, you are in for a treat. The scenery is magnificent and it seems like a Kodak moment every time you turn around. It's just difficult to believe that somewhere that is so beautiful can be so poverty stricken. That being said, I agree that ship excursions can be a bit pricey. In sight of the fact that you are travelling with children, you also have to be aware of safety concerns. RCCL is very careful about who they allow to handle their shore excursions. You can trust their choices. Going it alone on the islands is fun and easy, and I have done it a gazillion times, but not without certain hazards. Remember, there is strength in numbers. Stick together and avoid "the road less travelled."
Danger lurks everywhere and numbers don't always protect you. Remember the "Conquest" ship tour in Montego Bay back in June. Seventeen people on the tour were robbed by gun toting, machete wielding, bandits who threated to kill a ten year old girl - and then took credit cards, passports, money, jewelry, etc.

But such events are extremely rare and happen everywhere. It wasn't so long ago that bandits were targeting tourists in Miami.

By all means, don't be detered from taking tours, but take all normal safety precautions...even on ship sponsored tours.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cozumel, excurions, kids, maarten, pirate, ship, shore, st