Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2006, 08:56 PM

Going on an eastern caribbean cruise with two sons - 11 & 14 on Mariner of Seas in August. Unsure if safe to let them wander freely together on the boat. Have had friends telling me about abductions. Are my friends being alarmists??? Opinions and suggesttions would be welcomed.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:59 AM

We went on the Western Caribbean Mariner Cruise (Nov. 2004). It was great! You have every right as a parent to be concerned and worry about your children. I can only tell you that my son and nephew (both age 10 Ĺ at the time of cruise) went wandering around without adult supervision. I was not worried about abduction or it not being safe. I gave them walkie-talkieís when they were out and about (and not at camp-which by the way they absolutely loved!). We would check in occasionally if we had not seen/heard from them. They loved the freedom that they felt by not being supervised-and believe me they were all over that ship! They even showed me how to get to the front point of the ship. They absolutely loved the cruise and canít wait for our next one (Freedom of the Seas this Nov.). Just have the kids keep checking in with you and have them stay together, and everyone will have a great time!
Old 03-30-2006, 08:26 AM

I fully agree with dale88fan's response. Walkie-talkies are an excellent way of keeping tabs on them when out of your sight. Have pre-designated meeting spots or times for them to check in with you and safety should not be an issue. There will be so many other children of similar age, that they will most likely be involved in the group activities at Adventure Ocean or will have found others to team up with. BTW, they will get their own daily compass of activities that are planned throughout the day just for their age group.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-30-2006, 02:44 PM

Hi - Thanks for your response - I didn't really think there was anything to worry about but like I said, a couple of my friends spooked me with some stories.
Quote:
Originally posted by NancyN:
I fully agree with dale88fan's response. Walkie-talkies are an excellent way of keeping tabs on them when out of your sight. Have pre-designated meeting spots or times for them to check in with you and safety should not be an issue. There will be so many other children of similar age, that they will most likely be involved in the group activities at Adventure Ocean or will have found others to team up with. BTW, they will get their own daily compass of activities that are planned throughout the day just for their age group.
Nancy

Closed Thread

Tags
boat, caribbean, child, children, cruise, disney, forums, freedom, kids, lines, royal, safety, seas, ship, worried