Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2006, 04:54 PM

my sister and i are leaving out of baltimore on grandeur of the seas. going to bermuda, may 21 2006. i just want to to is there any thing we should see there while riding around on mopeds. and is there any good places to eat.
how is the ship?
Old 05-10-2006, 06:00 AM

shawnblt,
Welcome to cruise-chat. While you will probably not heed this advice, I would strongly caution you about renting a moped to get around Bermuda. I visit Bermuda often and every time I have been there - I have seen more than one serious accident involving mopeds. Not only do they drive on the left side of the street (if you are not adept at this the roundabouts get quite confusing) but there are a number of blind alleys and hairpin turns that can be dangerous.

As for sights to see and things to do: what kind of things are you interested in? Forts and museums, lighthouses, fantastic beaches, snorkeling, nature preserves and botanical gardens, shopping, architecture???? There are a number of great restaurants on the island, but Lobster Pot in Hamilton is one of my favorite. White Horse Tavern in St. George's and the Hog Penny in Hamilton are also very good. If you like Asian Fusion than Cafe Gio in St. George's is good, and the Frog and Onion Pub at the Dockyard is a fun place with good food. Hope those suggestions help -

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-10-2006, 04:28 PM

nancy,thank you for the good ideas. my sister will be right at home she stays on the left hand side of the road,shes 33 and i dont ride with her. we would like to see some old forts and want to hit some of the good places to hit. you gave me a lot of places to eat put whats your fav.

thank you,
shawn
Old 05-10-2006, 06:17 PM

I was just on Grandeur of the Seas last week! Great ship! Only complaints we had were how they handled tendering in Grand Cayman, the "latte-tudes" shop (and the clueless people that worked there), and our last day when we were trying to get off the boat. I can't remember in which of our ports (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, or Aruba) where they made an announcement trying to advise cruisers not to rent mopeds. They weren't saying not to, but found it to be in best interest of people renting them not to. Hope you have fun! Please give a review when you get back! (of both Bermuda and the ship!)
Old 05-11-2006, 04:09 AM

Shawn,
My favorite restaurant in Bermuda is the Lobster Pot.

Depending on what part of the island you are exploring, here are 3 fort suggestions: In St. George's on the eastern tip of the island is Fort St. Catherines; in Pembroke (in the center of the island near Hamilton) Fort Hamilton on Happy Valley Road and if you are at King's Wharf on the western end, then check out Fort Scaur in Somerset. All offer excellent views and can be interesting to explore.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-12-2006, 08:49 PM
A great general driving rule in UK oriented driving-remember to keep the grass under your left elbow-It works and makes for much safer UK driving!

Closed Thread

Tags
baltimore, cayman, cruise, grand, moped, rent, reviews