Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 03:08 PM

Cruising on Majesty of the Seas Feb 19-23 and looking for suntan advice. I am of Irish descent with very sensitive skin. I am in the process of building a base for the cruise (16 sessions of tanning) so I don't have to lather up every 1/2 hour. My son and I are part fish and will be in our bathing suits more than 1/2 the cruise.

I've been told the sun is more intense the further south you go - does that hold true in Feb in the Bahamas or is it more comprable to Florida in the spring?
Old 01-18-2007, 03:14 PM

I really have sun damaged skin from living in Florida most of my life. I am blonde with scads of freckles. The best sunscreen I have found is the Avon Skin so Soft SPF30. I can put it on in the morning, go snorkeling and swimming, and be protected until I take a shower in the evening. The sun is intense in the south, but in February it will be akin to Florida. Hope this helps some and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Hello from a fellow New Englander!

Although you're building a base tan, I'd still go for a sunscreen with a SPF of at least 30. (Penny, I'll have to try the one you recommended.) When out of the water, cover up as much as possible. And don't forget areas like behind your knees and the tops of your feet. (Learned that one the hard way.)

Also, bring a lotion with aloe so that you can soothe your skin once back in the cabin.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:39 PM

Also get yourself a wide brimmed travel hat (they roll up and are easy to pack)and wear it as much as possible.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:01 AM

In Feb. the average air temp is 62.8 and water is 63.7 with 16 days of rainfall. We are also from Mass. and went on the same cruise in May 11 years ago and it was rainy and cool the entire trip - I think the sun broke through on the trip home, but only for a couple of hours! Everyone was up on deck wrapped up in blankets and towels....

Don't want to be a downer but it's best to be prepared and have plans of other things to do in case it is to cool for the beach.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:59 PM

And FYI my friends and I went on a cruise last year, they bought this spray sunscreen and put it on but didn't rub it in. They got badly sunburned, make sure you rub in the spray-on lotions, don't just assume they cover you up.
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, farther, prevention, south, sunburn