Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2004, 09:17 PM

To DJSP55555: I am interested in booking the same cruise in June 04. What was your impression of the ship? Did you have any trouble in the port of Ocho Rios? Have heard mixed reviews about this stop. I am travelling with two children (11&14 yrs old). Did your kids have plenty to do on the ship? Have you been on any of the other MEGA ships run by RC? If so how does this one compare with the others?
Old 01-05-2004, 09:17 PM

To DJSP55555: I am interested in booking the same cruise in June 04. What was your impression of the ship? Did you have any trouble in the port of Ocho Rios? Have heard mixed reviews about this stop. I am travelling with two children (11&14 yrs old). Did your kids have plenty to do on the ship? Have you been on any of the other MEGA ships run by RC? If so how does this one compare with the others?
Old 01-06-2004, 05:24 PM

We had a great time on the Explorer. This was our 2nd, Celebrity being the 1st for a southern cruise. Ocho Rios was okay. We did not do any excursions. We all wanted to shop. We got John Hardy bracelets at one of the shops. They had good security around the port. The 15 year old was offered pot. Women wanted to braid your hair and saw some beggars. The first 2 shopping centers were good. The 3rd one was the farthest one out and we could have skipped that one. We had a taxi van to take a tour of the island but then we found out that he wanted $25.00 from each of us. On the explorer, there is no movie theater for the kids. Our son stayed with us most of the time. He liked to shop for jewelry for his girlfriend. There were 1000 kids on the ship at xmas time and I think they were kept pretty busy. At some of the ports, I could have spent the night because of not enough time. Also, one thing I check into before I book again, is that I decided I did not like being tendered in to the port. It takes up part of the day and the lines get long. We did this at Labadee and Grand Cayman. Any questions, let me know. Hope this helps you. Good luck and enjoy!

Closed Thread