Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 07:30 AM

We are going on a Western Caribbean cruise on the Mariner in April (our second cruise, yeah!) and was wondering if anyone has booked excursions with Shore Trips and, if so, how this company is. We are looking to book excursions in Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel and wanted smaller groups. Thanks in advance! ~ Dawn

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-30-2008, 07:30 AM

We are going on a Western Caribbean cruise on the Mariner in April (our second cruise, yeah!) and was wondering if anyone has booked excursions with Shore Trips and, if so, how this company is. We are looking to book excursions in Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel and wanted smaller groups. Thanks in advance! ~ Dawn

Old 02-01-2008, 02:00 PM

I have used them (shoretrips.com) extensively. We have never had a bad experience. Our groups are ALWAYs smaller than the ships for similar offerings, sometimes just our family of four! Good luck with this.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 02-02-2008, 06:38 AM

Thank you so much for your reply - I'm very glad to hear that you have used them and did not have a bad experience. So ... I just booked the royal dolphin swim in Cozumel with ShoreTrips! We are also a family of four and hoping our group will be that small. They also have a Dunns River Falls/white river tubing in Ocho Rios and a 2-snorkel stingray city combo in Grand Cayman - both excursions that look really good! Thanks again!

Old 02-03-2008, 11:57 AM

We had only 8 in our group for the Royal Dolphin Swim. Make sure you realize Shoretrips.com uses Island time (Central for Cozumel) and the Mariner will use the time from the departure port for the entire cruise. The ship's group had 24 or so people in it and was the same price. We were there a little earlier and saw them all come in. They didn't get to do nearly as much as we did with so much smaller a group. Plus we bought the video--it is practically all of our family and not 24 strangers.

We did a Stingray City/Snorkeling sailing cat on Cayman through Shoretrips and had about 24 people on board. The guides were friendly and great and we didn't have to wear the lifejackets if we were confident without. We did a river tubing in Ochos also, and a horseback ride. The horse group was only our family of four! We had so much more fun than the masses you get on the ship's tours and even if it was more expensive we might still choose them. I hope you have the same experience after my rave reviews--but this has been our experience.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 02-04-2008, 07:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DAP:
They also have a Dunns River Falls/white river tubing in Ocho Rios and a 2-snorkel stingray city combo in Grand Cayman

I had to visit the website. The whole "2-snorkel" thing had me a bit confused.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:38 PM

Thanks again for the advice - I will definitely check this out!

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, birmingham, company, dolphins, excursions, reports, review, reviews, river, shore, shoretrip, shoretrips, trips, tubing, wisconsin