Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Embarkation Time- orange leaflet (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/7763-embarkation-time-orange-leaflet.html)

tracy2011 09-24-2007 01:36 AM

Hello Everyone,
We got our tickets on Saturday for our Liberty of the Seas cruise on 20th October, can't wait now! We had in our cruise booklet an orange leaflet saying that the embarkation time was not until 2pm due to increased security, and the ship has to be completely empty before new passengers embark. It says if we arrive before 1pm at the terminal we may get turned away. Has anyone else received this leaflet? Should we risk getting to the terminal earlier? say 12pm, I am disappointed as we were looking forward to getting on the ship ASAP so we could have lunch and make use of our time to get settled in on the ship. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Sonny V 09-24-2007 06:22 AM

I think you should be fine arriving at noon. The orange leaflet has been standard in all documents for almost a year. Unless there is some holdup with debarkation you should be able to board the ship by noon. You won't be able to go to your stateroom until 1:00 pm. My wife and I will be boarding the Liberty after you get off.

Sonny

tracy2011 09-24-2007 06:35 AM

Thanks Sonny,
It has been 2 years since we last cruised so had not encountered the orange leaflet before. The cruise booklets are also bigger these days. Are there any other changes about anything in the way Royal Caribbean do things these days that we need to know? It all seems more real now we have our tickets. We can't wait to get aboard and start enjoying our long awaited cruise! I feel like I have been planning our trip forever. The Eastern itinerary that you are doing, compared to the Western, which do you prefer? I would love to hear from others that have done both/other Caribbean itineraries? We were maybe going to book onboard for our next Caribbean cruise (do you get money off and/or onboard credit?), and would be interested to see what others have enjoyed. Thanks and sorry there are so many questions!

LuvbnnRN 09-24-2007 12:33 PM

That's funny - our family will be getting off when you, tracy2011, will waiting to get on! And, I also hope it's ok to get there around noon. We have an early am flight with no where else to go but the port.

Sonny V 09-24-2007 12:48 PM

I've done both, and I prefer the Eastern. I love St. Thomas because there's so much to do. When on the ship, buy a "Next Cruise Booking". You only have to pay $100 and you'll be able to use it on any future cruise; and get a $100 on board credit. At the time you use the booking number for the cruise you choose, the $100 you paid for the NCB will be applied to the downpayment.

Sonny