Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2005, 07:46 PM

We just booked the Enchantment for the 5 nite April 10 sailing. The only cruise line we have ever cruised has been Disney. (12 times) We are excited to try this ship. My children are 10, and 11, so how are the programs? Is the Enchantment Enchanting? Any feedback would be great!!! Fondly, Dee
Old 10-14-2005, 05:50 AM

Hi Dee. I too am booked on the Enchantment, for Dec 19th-24th 2006. I booked her because she has been refurbished. Check out Royal Carribean website, under the top tab "Find a Cruise". Then click on "ships", then scroll down and find the Enchantment. It list her stats, and there is a link to "see what is different", about her remodeling. She has alot of new cool things on her. She was refurbished over the summer of this year. Did you know she had been refurbished, or did you just choose wisely? I too can not wait. I am sure we will enjoy the Enchantment. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-14-2005, 05:53 AM

Oops, I mean I am booked this year 2005. It is 0530 am, I am up drinking coffee, and checking the chat board while my dogs eat. Obviously, the coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-14-2005, 12:12 PM

I was on the inaugural cruise of the 5-day Boston to Nova Scotia run on the Enchantment of the Seas the first week of September and I have to say, the ship is GORGEOUS. Lots of comfortable little nooks and places to sit and relax all over the ship, from the huge atrium with the marble stairs, glass elevators, and band playing almost 24/7, to comfy chairs by portholes in a quiet corridor, and lounges of all sizes in between with different types of music and entertainment. We especially loved the Solarium - a pool area with a retractable sun roof - it was warm but brutally windy one day and they closed the roof so we could enjoy the sun without the wind, but when the weather was nice, it was a quieter area than the open pool deck.

This was my first time on Royal Caribbean, and I really enjoyed the staff more than on other cruises - they seemed friendlier and a little less subservient (for lack of a better word) than I've experienced in the past.

And from what we could see of the kids in the Ocean Adventure program - they all had a great time and seemed to adore both the counsellors and the activities. The big song-and-dance show on the last night of the cruise opened with the kids from the program performing a pirate skit they'd rehearsed, complete with pirate bandanas, eye patches, and drawn-on mustaches. Hilarious.

Have a fabulous trip!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:39 PM

I have to agree with TallSandy's assessment of the ship. My family did the 7-day New England / Canada cruise out of Philly in August. The Enchantment was fantastic. There was plenty too do while onboard, and the crew was incredible. This was our first cruise and we can't wait to take another one. My 8 year-old daughter loved the kids club. The area for the kids under 10 was a bit smaller than what I was expecting - but my one daughter didn't seem to mind. She was disappointed that we did not drop her off there more often - so I would say that the crew there must be very kid friendly.

I think you will have a great time on board.

Enchantment - August 2005
Old 10-19-2005, 04:57 PM

Dee, I've sailed twice on Enchantment, but both times before the refurbishment. The ship was fantastic even before this summer, and I can imagine it's only better now. We did the 4-night itinerary both times.

I've never sailed Disney so I can't compare them, but I think you'll find the children's programs very good on Enchantment.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
canadian, caribbean, clubs, cruise, enchantment, england, forums, kids, line, remodel, review, reviews, royal, seas, things