Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 06:51 AM
I have read many comments here lately and it seems to me many, many folks here are very disappointed in RCCL for one thing or another, making it sound very unappealing especially to someone that hasn't cruised or have only cruised a couple of times. I am worried that maybe booking again with them is going tobe a big mistake due to so many negative comments. I and some of my family members book the Oasis and wow I am rethinking this thing. HELP.......

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-30-2009, 06:51 AM
I have read many comments here lately and it seems to me many, many folks here are very disappointed in RCCL for one thing or another, making it sound very unappealing especially to someone that hasn't cruised or have only cruised a couple of times. I am worried that maybe booking again with them is going tobe a big mistake due to so many negative comments. I and some of my family members book the Oasis and wow I am rethinking this thing. HELP.......

Old 03-30-2009, 08:35 AM

I think the all cruise lines are just trying to survive.First they took a beating on fuel then declining ridership unless they were deeply discounted.There is no logic to irritating your past passengers as they are most likely to repeat,but its the new unseasoned passenger they make bank from. I know when we were new to cruising we bought pictures,shore excursions,coke cards etc. Now the only thing I pay for onboard is my bar bill and specialty resturaunts.NO gold by the inch,auctions at sea(Why have'nt they been able to sell that Statue of Liberty picture yet?)and last but not least rccl logo wear.
I know you will have a blast on the Oasis as will I someday.You only have so many years on this planet so enjoy them while they last.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:36 AM

Take anything you read with a grain of salt. If you enjoyed your last cruise on Royal, there is no reason to believe you won't enjoy your next cruise on them. The Oasis is a truly unique ship and will be a unique experience. I don't think a week will be long enough to explore the entire ship, she's so huge.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:07 AM

Wisely spoken ! I for one, as I have stated, will consider other lines that fit our vacation time and the itinery we are looking for.
We have always enjoyed RCI and on the one cruise with Celebrity, we were treated likewise. Looking forward to our April cruise with RCI and no anticipation of NOT having a wonderful time with the same great service we have come to enjoy with RCI.

Peter1

Old 03-30-2009, 10:17 AM

Well, in the reviews section is a review by "Laurie" me! on the AOS. I am a repeat cruiser, still love it. Just frustrated that there is an erosion of what is included. I am sticking with RCCL but considering trying Princess as well. Cruising is still a great value, and a really fun time.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 03-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Administrator

A lot of what you've been reading is based in frustration many of us have with RCI's seemingly constant changes over the past year. The changes are not show-stoppers, but are nevertheless disappointing. I am still cruising with RCI this June. However I will not be looking solely at RCI in the future and plan to give more consideration to other cruise lines. It doesn't mean I'll never cruise with RCI again. Indeed, the Oasis promises to be unlike anything that has ever sailed.

Closed Thread